News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

The guy they paid $18M put up 500 yards. 

The guy we paid $10M put up 27 yards. 

Who are we saying has it worse here?

Galloday is going to make $21 million over the next two years before they can get out of that contract. 

Curtis is going to make $8 million less than that. If they don't stay healthy, they've wasted more cap space although I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that they’ll stay injured bc they had one season where they had 2 injuries.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Galloday is going to make $21 million over the next two years before they can get out of that contract. 

Curtis is going to make $8 million less than that. If they don't stay healthy, they've wasted more cap space although I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that they’ll stay injured bc they had one season where they had 2 injuries.

I don’t think he’ll remain hurt either. I expect him to be back to full speed by next season, and having him will make an impact for us. 

It just feels like a weird concept to be saying someone has it worse than us at the moment. Aside from Fitzpatrick and Carl Lawson, Samuel might have been the worst 2021 FA signing in terms of what he contributed this season (compared to his contract). Will Fuller also did almost nothing, but he had a slightly lower AAV.

We can take solace in the fact that the Giants also spent a ton of money on a receiver who disappointed. In the fact that Golladay didn’t unlock Daniel Jones’s potential, as some thought it would. But we got 27 yards out of a WR that we gave $11M AAV — no one is looking at that and saying “whew, Washington really dodged a bullet there.”

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

The guy they paid $18M put up 500 yards. 

The guy we paid $10M put up 27 yards. 

Who are we saying has it worse here?

As always, it’s us.  

We didn’t spend as much as we did on Coles, both in terms of a first rounder and a contract, but Samuels will be as big of a disappointment IMO.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/10/brandon-scherff-i-hope-i-can-end-my-career-in-washington/

Scherff keeps saying that he wants to be here. Maybe the rumor that he was offered the highest contract was untrue... IMO he isn't worth being the highest paid guard. When he is on, he is good. However he is frequently hurt and has made some REALLY bad plays this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/10/brandon-scherff-i-hope-i-can-end-my-career-in-washington/

Scherff keeps saying that he wants to be here. Maybe the rumor that he was offered the highest contract was untrue... IMO he isn't worth being the highest paid guard. When he is on, he is good. However he is frequently hurt and has made some REALLY bad plays this year.

There’s no way I’d re-sign him. They need to move on. I never liked the draft pick to begin with bc I loathe taking a guard in the top 10 of the draft. We shouldn’t have had him play on the franchise tag last year, we should’ve traded him to someone for a 2nd round pick.

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Easier said than done .

Of course, but I don’t even think our front office tried to trade him, just like they never tried to trade Kirk Cousins when he was on the franchise tag. We could’ve gotten draft picks back for both players and instead we got a 3rd round comp (last pick in the 3rd round for Kirk) and that’s all we’ll probably end up getting for Scherff too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Finally !! saw a blip of news on our center . Roullier is in a walking boot recovering from the broken fibula . Amazingly to me  ( horrible looking injury ) no mention of ligament or miniscus damage ! 

Why would there be meniscus damage or ligament damage on a broken leg? 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Why would there be meniscus damage or ligament damage on a broken leg? 

Do you remember the shot he took. Got whiplashed by a d-lineman and the speculation at the time was "Further damage " .. Thankfully doesn't seem to have happened.