News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

On 9/12/2023 at 10:25 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Someone tweeted about this and it did enter my mind as well. I don’t know what the possible compensation would be but would you be willing to trade Brissett to the Jets?

If you did what would you need in return?

He’s probably a good person to have with Sam but CB does not really fit EB’s system as a pocket QB. 

In a heartbeat. If Brissett has to play this whole thing is over anyway. Maybe not the season but we won't be making the playoffs and he's not any semblance of a franchise QB. If someone is willing to give you a 3rd-4th round pick for him you take it. There is no need to pay a back up QB $9M when in most cases your season is over if they have to play anyway. 

• Like 2

Jason_OTC

Assuming a $256M salary cap in 2024 the teams that project with the most effective cap space (includes current carryover from 2023):

1. Patriots- $115M
2. Bears- $99M
3. Commanders- $85M
4. Titans- $84M
5. Texans- $81M
6. Colts- $77M
7. Bengals- $75M
8. Lions- $70M
9. Cardinals- $60M
10. Bucs- $53M

More money to spend on average players. 

27 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jason_OTC

Assuming a $256M salary cap in 2024 the teams that project with the most effective cap space (includes current carryover from 2023):

1. Patriots- $115M
2. Bears- $99M
3. Commanders- $85M
4. Titans- $84M
5. Texans- $81M
6. Colts- $77M
7. Bengals- $75M
8. Lions- $70M
9. Cardinals- $60M
10. Bucs- $53M

No, I see it as money to spend on our own such as retaining Curl and Sweat or/and Chase depending if they earn the contract extension. 

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, I see it as money to spend on our own such as retaining Curl and Sweat or/and Chase depending if they earn the contract extension. 

Still adamant, you pay Curl first then let everything else get sorted out at the end of the season. With each game, Curl's price is going to go up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Still adamant, you pay Curl first then let everything else get sorted out at the end of the season. With each game, Curl's price is going to go up.

And at this point, Curl knows that. It's why you don't wait until their last year or when they turn FA to ink a new deal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And at this point, Curl knows that. It's why you don't wait until their last year or when they turn FA to ink a new deal

That's true, he'll looking forward to free agency even if we offered him top safety $ he's going to want to see what he could get next March.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jason_OTC

1. Patriots- $115M
2. Bears- $99M
3. Commanders- $85M
4. Titans- $84M
5. Texans- $81M
6. Colts- $77M
7. Bengals- $75M
8. Lions- $70M
9. Cardinals- $60M
10. Bucs- $53M

The goal is taking care of your own. Sweat and Curl are the first two up and if Chase gets better and better you pay him too. That should still leave you with around $50M in cap space based on how you structure the three contracts and that doesn't account for restructures to add more space. I would avoid big money in free agency.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The goal is taking care of your own. Sweat and Curl are the first two up and if Chase gets better and better you pay him too. That should still leave you with around $50M in cap space based on how you structure the three contracts and that doesn't account for restructures to add more space. I would avoid big money in free agency.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d70qbtwypovj3q1ugitg

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

The decision to draft Forbes was made before the draft even happened. That doesn't mean Forbes is going to suck but the day before the draft all the local beat writers started talking about Forbes and then Ben Standig mocked him to us in his last mock draft. I knew something was up when that happened. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The decision to draft Forbes was made before the draft even happened. That doesn't mean Forbes is going to suck but the day before the draft all the local beat writers started talking about Forbes and then Ben Standig mocked him to us in his last mock draft. I knew something was up when that happened. 

Yeah, agreed. González was rated higher as an overall CB, but our front office & JDR were fixated on generating turnovers & to their credit Forbes has done that but with how skinny he is he isn’t good at jamming WRs which usually leaves him in trail technique in every intermediate to deep pass.