Scary thought: my prediction

101Raider

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Well below average? 

Idk when I think well below average I think of Tahir Whitehead. Or most of our castoffs over the last half decade.

I guess we will see. Some seem to like the LBs, but I think it's bias because of how terrible they've been for year. 

I like Kwaitkoski, but he's an average player. Gets a lot of tackles, but doesn't make a lot of plays. Had just 3 tackles for a loss last year for example. 

Littleton, I hope he rebounds but I think he was a product of the Rams defense. All the scheme, position excuses come up, but to me he should still make some kind of impact. He did nothing. As talented as he's said to be, he couldn't make a single play all season? I find that eye opening.

Morrow looked better than both the high priced FA additions. Excited to see if he can expand on that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If Muse looks good in OTAs the 

Raiders pass if not they draft a LB. That's just my opinion

They haven't even scheduled OTAs for this season. Doubtful that happens before the draft. 

Further.. judging a LB in non contact drills and making a decision not to draft one would be terrible decision making. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If Muse looks good in OTAs the 

Raiders pass if not they draft a LB. That's just my opinion

You might not remember but from all reports Muse looked really bad before he got hurt...White out of Las Vegas University was the one that was impressing

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lester said:

You might not remember but from all reports Muse looked really bad before he got hurt...White out of Las Vegas University was the one that was impressing

Ironically, White is probably also the best SS we have too. 

If Abram is indeed being relegated to box duties, it's in large part because he's that useless in coverage. White played SS at UNLV and got converted to LB. 6'2 211 with a reported 4.45 40, he could probably push Abram to the bench if we actually put the two in an open competition. It's really not hard to be better in coverage (even for how much SS plays coverage in Bradley's scheme) than Abram has been. Hell, Daniel McCullers could probably provide similar coverage to Abram. 

The system was too complicated every linebacker look terrible.

I think this year is going to be very telling for a lot on defense. Will have a good idea of who is actually good and who's not. Which is why I think they signed a lot of guys to short term deals this year. They want to have money/options in 2022 regardless of how this year shakes out. 

The system was too complicated every linebacker look terrible.

We had a lack of continuity across the defense with a ton of new players coming in including two of our starting LBs. As you said Guenther's scheme was overly complicated when he got hired he bragged about how complex his scheme was. And it didn't help that there were no OTAs/preseason or that our DL was horrible and couldn't keep our LB's clean. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think this year is going to be very telling for a lot on defense. Will have a good idea of who is actually good and who's not. Which is why I think they signed a lot of guys to short term deals this year. They want to have money/options in 2022 regardless of how this year shakes out. 

Yeah it's a make or break year for pretty much every player on our defense this season. It's just crazy that we'll probably have a ton of roster turnover again next offseason. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's a make or break year for pretty much every player on our defense this season. It's just crazy that we'll probably have a ton of roster turnover again next offseason. 

Yeah that's a high possibility. But it's also a high possibility that it turned out that Paul Gunther didn't know what he was doing(Especially with young players) And the defense actually plays respectable under new defensive leadership With a simpler defense and a full off-season(As overly optimistic as that sounds). 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah that's a high possibility. But it's also a high possibility that it turned out that Paul Gunther didn't know what he was doing(Especially with young players) And the defense actually plays respectable under new defensive leadership With a simpler defense and a full off-season(As overly optimistic as that sounds). 

IIRC the NFL told teams that OTA's will all be digital again this year. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh yeah then there's gonna be turnover next year LOL

We brought in a bunch of new pieces last year that had to learn Guenther's system with no off-season and now they're going to have to learn a new system, which is vastly different than Guenther's, with no off-season.