Your Top 10 Players Right Now

Mox

Just now, stl4life07 said:

People thought Kawhi might be the best player on the planet after he won the title in Toronto. That’s why I said people normally have these types of conversations after teams win a championship every season. And with Kawhi at least he had two NBA Titles and two Finals MVPs before he went to the Clippers. 

Kawhi is definitely one of the best players in the league but he didn't/doesn't have even close to the resume that Giannis does. That first finals MVP he averaged like 16 ppg on a great Spurs team, it's like when Iggy won it, was he the greatest player on the planet? lol

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Luka was more of what he did his rookie season and then last season. He pushed the Clippers basically by himself hurt and he was the MVP favorite heading into this season. You can say he had the Mavs in great position to win this playoffs over the Clippers but again he had no help and fell short.

So Luka losing in the 1st round of the playoffs is more impressive then Giannis winning a championship? Got it. Giannis scores at the same level as Luka on better efficiency while also being light years better defensively. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Are we dismissing the notion that the Bucks had to go get a guy like Holiday to help Giannis because before Holiday having someone like Bledsoe wasn’t helping Giannis and the Bucks go anywhere in the playoffs. So with Luka the Mavs need to do the same thing and get him some help because KP isn’t doing anything to help Luka out. Luka can get any rest and he get even play off the ball because nobody is there to help take any type of pressure off him. If he had a Middleton or a Holiday type, he doesn’t even need both but just one he could take the Mavs definitely past the first round. Also he plays in the brutal West. How would Giannis do in the West? How would Luka do in the East? I’m just saying.

You're really going to discredit Giannis winning a title with Jrue Holiday, who averaged 17 ppg in the finals?

Why aren't we adressing the fact that LeBron had to head to Miami to play with Wade/Bosh to win a championship, back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie/Love to win another one, and then to LA to play with AD to win one at Disneyland's AAU gym? 

Why aren't we addressing the fact that Durant couldn't win a title in OKC despite having two other MVP teammates in Harden/Westbrook? Then left OKC after blowing a 3-1 lead to the Warriors, a team that had already won a title and was coming off of the best regular season in NBA history, to finally get a ring. And then left again to form another super team yet couldn't even make the conference finals in the weak eastern conference as you put it. 

We can play hypotheticals all day long at the end of the day the reality is that Luka hasn't been able to get out of round 1. Donovan Mitchell carried Rubio, Ingles, Favors, and Rudy to the second round as a rookie after beating Paul George and MVP Westbrook. 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m not saying the Bucks won’t be contenders but do you think with a clear smart mind that they will be the favorites next year or the year after next? I’m saying nope. A healthy Nets Big three makes them the favorites overall but especially in the East. Everyone knows if Kyrie and/or Harden was healthy to go with KD the Bucks lose in the 2nd round. A healthy Lakers team is the next favorite and some think they are the overall favorite. 

The Bucks certainly should be the favorites as of now, they just smacked up the Nets and the Suns to win the title, lol. Injuries are a part of the game, why should we just assume health? Kyrie has gotten hurt in almost every season he has played. Durant/Harden are both in their 30's now and only played half the season this year. 

The Lakers were a play-in team this year and we have no clue what their roster will look like next year. LeBron has gotten hurt in 2/3 years and failed to advanced past the first round with the Lakers and will be 37 this year. AD is also one of the most injury prone players in the league. 

@Rodjahs12 I will admit Im full on the Nets hype. They havent played many games together as a Big 3 but what they have proved is they can come together with little playing experience together and look impressive. It was just bad that a guy in Harden who rarely gets hurt got hurt this season. Its unfortunate that on some random play Giannis undercuts Kyrie and his ankle got hurt badly. And I know guys like Nick Wright says the series was tied (2-2) before Kyrie got hurt. Did you really think the Bucks was going to win the series when KD and Kyrie was both healthy? Again though Im not taking anything away from the Bucks because they still had to go out there and make the plays to win no matter what the Nets was dealing with. I just personally want to see how the Bucks do against the same Nets team but this time healthy. Just like when the Heat owned the Bucks last season and people wanted to see how the Bucks would do this year now they have Holiday and the team just felt different. Well we saw how they looked. They smoked basically the same Heat team.

@Bullet Club I keep saying its easy to be prisoner's of the moment. Before Kawhi got hurt in these playoffs you can say from an efficiency standpoint Kawhi was having a better playoffs than Giannis. Have we forgotten what Kawhi did against the Mavs and then what he was doing against the Jazz before he got hurt? And look I think yall are overlooking what I said. I did say if you want to put Giannis above Luka, Kawhi, and even LeBron I can understand. Im definitely not putting him over KD as the best player on the planet BUT its now debatable. If Giannis didnt do what he did in the Finals then to me it wouldnt be a debate.

@NYRaider I know Kawhi doesnt have the resume as Giannis but Im just saying what many people said after Kawhi won the title with Toronto. He had a chance and still does have the chance to win a title with three different teams and win Finals MVP with three different teams. You can talk about how he won his first Finals MVP but the fact is he won. Thats part of his resume. So thats why people said at the time Kawhi could possibly be or is the best player on the planet. Then he went to the Clippers and it hasnt turned out the way he or many people has hoped it would. He still have time though. If he stays and recovers from the injury and get back on the court and eventually get back to the level of play we saw him play at in these playoffs who knows.

What Luka is doing in his what 3rd season is very impressive. Tell me what Giannis did in his 3rd season? He sure didnt come into that season as betting odds favorite to win MVP. Did he lead the Bucks to the playoffs? How about making an all-star? Now you can say Luka being a higher draft pick and was already a made prospect than Giannis Ill give you that. But Luka doing what he is already doing has many already calling him poor man's Larry Bird. Dirk said he is already better than him. The one thing Luka dont have that Giannis have is someone like Middleton. 

Im not discrediting Giannis at all. Im just saying, please tell me how many titles Giannis won before Holiday? The Bucks gave up alot to get Holiday because they felt they needed someone like him to help take the pressure off Giannis. If the Bucks wanted to keep repeating the same thing over and over again where they kept failing in the playoffs they wouldve kept Bledsoe and ran it back. They didnt and it paid off. Yes Holiday was great offensively in the playoffs but his defensive was splendid. 

At the end of the day its not easy to win a championship and I dont care what type of team you have. The Heat didnt win in year one with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. It took a missed rebound by Duncan for the Heat to win one of the two with the Big 3. The Warriors who won 73 games didnt win the title that year. Even with KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond if CP3 didnt hurt the Rockets wouldve won that year and not the Warriors. So its hard to win. You can say KD going from team to team and coming up short. Ill keep saying it until its proven not true. If the Nets didnt lose two of their Big 3 to injuries they win. KD showed that even without Kyrie and a healthy Harden is nearly pulled off a Game 7 3pt shot in regulation to beat the Bucks. The Bucks are a great defensive team and KD literally by himself beat them in Game 5 and nearly beat them in Game 7. His toe on the line in Game 7 was the equivalent of Mike Jones tackling Kevin Dyson at the 1yd line to help the Rams beat the Titans in the Superbowl in the 1999 season. The Greatest Show On Turf almost got beat by the one of the losing coaches in NFL history in Fisher because the late great McNair with Eddie George was that great. They almost pulled it off when honestly the Rams was heavy favorites and shouldve won big. The Bucks shouldve won easily over the Nets when Harden went down Game 1 and Kyrie went down Game 4. Bucks shouldve won in 5 or 6 if Giannis was the best player on the planet with a healthy Middleton and Holiday knowing that the only threat the Nets had was just KD by himself. So I dont think its a stretch to say KD is still the best player on the planet. But again Im not saying Giannis isnt in the discussion. He definitely is. I just want to see him do it again next year or the year after next. That is lead the Bucks to the Finals and even win another one. 

35 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@NYRaider I know Kawhi doesnt have the resume as Giannis but Im just saying what many people said after Kawhi won the title with Toronto. 

So there's merit in saying that Giannis is the best player in the world because of his resume which includes 2 MVP awards, a DPOY award, an NBA championship, and a finals MVP award at 26 years old. 

36 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

What Luka is doing in his what 3rd season is very impressive. Tell me what Giannis did in his 3rd season? He sure didnt come into that season as betting odds favorite to win MVP. Did he lead the Bucks to the playoffs? How about making an all-star?

No one is saying that Luka isn't impressive but there's no way you can say that he's the best player in the league. Tell me when Luka has dropped 50 in an NBA finals game? 

47 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@Bullet Club I keep saying its easy to be prisoner's of the moment. Before Kawhi got hurt in these playoffs you can say from an efficiency standpoint Kawhi was having a better playoffs than Giannis. Have we forgotten what Kawhi did against the Mavs and then what he was doing against the Jazz before he got hurt? And look I think yall are overlooking what I said. I did say if you want to put Giannis above Luka, Kawhi, and even LeBron I can understand. Im definitely not putting him over KD as the best player on the planet BUT its now debatable. If Giannis didnt do what he did in the Finals then to me it wouldnt be a debate.

It's not being a prisoner of the moment to say that Giannis is a better offensive player than Kawhi. It's not being a prisoner of the moment to say Giannis is a better defensive player than Kawhi. It's not being a prisoner of the moment to say Giannis is more durable than Kawhi. So what exactly does Kawhi have over him? Being more efficient as a scorer doesn't make up the gap in any of those areas.

Edited by Bullet Club

46 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not worth your time fellas. Let the man live in his dream world. He'll have to change his stance next year when Giannis eliminates a fully healthy Nets team and goes back to back!

But tell me a time when Giannis was the betting favorite to win MVP when he was in his third season tho. Pro tip: you can't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I really don’t see the argument of Giannis over KD but here we are lol. 

Better finisher, slightly better playmaker, better rebounder, much better defender, and much more durable. 

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Better finisher, slightly better playmaker, better rebounder, much better defender, and much more durable. 

Better finisher, sure. Though KD is a great finisher around the rim. Better playmaker? Nah. Better defender sure? More durable, I mean I guess so but not really sure that applies to who’s better. 

KDs a better scorer/shooter, better play maker, better decision making, better ball handler. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Better finisher, sure. Though KD is a great finisher around the rim. Better playmaker? Nah. Better defender sure? More durable, I mean I guess so but not really sure that applies to who’s better. 

Giannis' last three seasons have a higher ast% than anything Durant has ever done, and he's done it with a comparable turnover % including better than Durant this season.

Better defender isn't close. Gap is massive.

The best ability is availability.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

KDs a better scorer/shooter, better play maker, better decision making, better ball handler.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Giannis' last three seasons have a higher ast% than anything Durant has ever done, and he's done it with a comparable turnover % including better than Durant this season.

Better defender, sure? Giannis was DPOY last year and 1st team All-NBA defense the last 3 seasons. Durant has never made an All-NBA defensive team and the Nets were cheeks on defense this year. 

As @Bullet Club said Giannis passing numbers are as good if not better than Durants too. 

Over their last 4 seasons...

Durant: 26.9 ppg on 54% FG, 26.0 ppg on 52% FG, 26.4 ppg on 52% FG, 25.1 ppg on 54% FG

Giannis: 28.1 ppg on 57% FG, 29.5 ppg on 55% FG, 27.7 ppg on 58% FG, 26.9 ppg on 53% FG

Durant is such a great scorer that he has averaged less on worse efficiency every year. 

21 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

For the guy who hyped up Luka by asking if giannis led his team to the playoffs or was made an all star in his 3rd season.
yes, yes he did. 

Anyone that currently considers Luka the best player in the world must have also considered '16-17 Westbrook the best player in the world at that point as well. Because stat padding, flaming out in the 1st round, then blaming the rest of the team is what basketball is about.

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

We gonna ignore that Durant hasn’t really been the primary ball handler for his team really like ever? He’s had Steph, Draymond, Russ, Harden has guys who initiate the offense instead. 

if people think Giannis’ better than KD then better at least have been the case a month ago.