How many times will the Jets trade up or trade down?

Big T

According to JD's recent interview he said and I quote "we are going to let the board come to us" all indications being he will not draft up from 23. However I could see the Jets coming back into the first round for 1 reasons, the 5th year option, second round players are on 4 year contracts if I'm not mistaken, and the cost would be minimal.

24 minutes ago, Big T said:

According to JD's recent interview he said and I quote "we are going to let the board come to us" all indications being he will not draft up from 23. However I could see the Jets coming back into the first round for 1 reasons, the 5th year option, second round players are on 4 year contracts if I'm not mistaken, and the cost would be minimal.

It could also mean that if a player he covets is within striking distance he could trade up. His quote can be interpreted more than one way. NFL GM’s must have a secret clause in their contracts that they must take a class on how to answer a question without answering a question in any definitive way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big T said:

That is because 23 is too far to recognize who is actually available.   BPA indication right there.  I am very curious about WR, CB or even RB at 23.  If he skipped these for a raw edge then he would be a freaking joke. lol.

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

That is because 23 is too far to recognize who is actually available.   BPA indication right there.  I am very curious about WR, CB or even RB at 23.  If he skipped these for a raw edge then he would be a freaking joke. lol.

What you say is very true, that 23 pick is just to far ahead to know who will be there when we pick. All we can do is sit and wait, ever year good players slip down in the draft. It is going to be nerve racking watching players come off the board but there is nothing we can do unless Douglas trades up and I don't think he will do that.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Also there is a rumor about Bills trying to get ahead of Jets to get RB.  Jenkins could come to us.

Here's a rumor, Micah Parsons is falling. If he falls to the Jets can they pass on him? That would be crazy!

15 minutes ago, Big T said:

Here's a rumor, Micah Parsons is falling. If he falls to the Jets can they pass on him? That would be crazy!

Probably not since I think they will be targeting the second best LB at 23 - Collins. Certainly a case can also be made for JOK but I prefer a 3 down LB. I can see JOK coming off the field in obvious rushing situations. So if Parsons is even close, I can see the Jets pouncing. 

I could see us moving up from 34 to the end of the first round to get a fifth year option on whoever we're targeting at 34. You acquire draft capital so you can make moves like this when you want. A late round pick to make a move like that might seem like a low cost high ROI type of move.

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Also there is a rumor about Bills trying to get ahead of Jets to get RB.  Jenkins could come to us.

Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, and Titans are all strong bets to take Jenkins. He's OT3 in this draft, we're gonna have to go get him.

That said, I might even prefer to sit at 23 or move back slightly and take Dickerson.