And with the 7th pick in 2021 NFL draft...

Louis Friend

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Hearing about alot of teams trying to move up in the 4-10 range. I'm going to be upset if we stay at 7 and draft Waddle, Smith or Parsons while other teams are picking up extra picks. 

Me too.

If we stay at 7 and this pick does not consist of one of these players: Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Fields, Lance all the positive feelings I've acquired for this front office/coaching staff will disappear and I'll be back to my original feelings...

What did Cleveland get from Atlanta for the Julio Jones pick? Wasn't that a jump similar to the Saints moving up to 7 this year? IIRC it was a 1st + 2 picks that year and 1st + 1 pick following year. If the Lions could get something like that for 7, I'd take it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

What did Cleveland get from Atlanta for the Julio Jones pick? Wasn't that a jump similar to the Saints moving up to 7 this year? IIRC it was a 1st + 2 picks that year and 1st + 1 pick following year. If the Lions could get something like that for 7, I'd take it. 

They traded their FRP (#27), SRP (#59), a 4th round pick, a '12 FRP and '12 4th round pick.

55 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Hearing about alot of teams trying to move up in the 4-10 range. I'm going to be upset if we stay at 7 and draft Waddle, Smith or Parsons while other teams are picking up extra picks. 

I think it's the opposite.  Atlanta is wanting a Godfather offer, or they're taking Pitts.  Bengals are staying put and likely taking Chase.  Think Miami goes WR/TE unless they get a strong offer.  I think Detroit and Carolina are looking to move down rather than up.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's the opposite.  Atlanta is wanting a Godfather offer, or they're taking Pitts.  Bengals are staying put and likely taking Chase.  Think Miami goes WR/TE unless they get a strong offer.  I think Detroit and Carolina are looking to move down rather than up.

I've read Chicago, New England and now New Orleans are all reaching out to Atlanta, Detroit and Carolina about moving up. Obviously, any team moving down is going to want to be compensated nicely.

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Lance is now the favorite for the number 3 pick.  That's good and bad news for us depending on how you look at it.  What's everyone's thoughts?

Not sure how Lance going 3 helps us. 3 QBs will be off the board with the first 3 picks. If it's Mac Jones, 2 of the top 4 QBs could be available at 7 and gives us more trade options. 3 of the top 4 QBs going 1/2/3 reduces our trade down options.

I really want either Sewell or Chase to fall to 7 or trade down. That is where I am at. I'm prepared for disappointment though. 

Tier 1

Any of these guys at 7 and I’m going to bed happy tonight.  All of them are serious value at 7.  Price tag to move down is considerably higher if this tier is available.

Sewell

Pitts

Chase

Lance

Tier 2

I’m confident we’re getting a very good player.  Would typically like a little better value at 7 and would feel comfortable with a trade down.  As long as tier 1 is gone I’m happy with these guys and a worthy trade is presented. I’m stubbornly high on Smith. I just envision him being dominant in a MThomas/ K.Allen type roll while being able to take the top off in a way those to really can’t, which is pretty scary when you think about it.  Slater could give us an elite oline and play wherever is needed.  Surtain is just a technician.  I love the pairing with Okudah they’re similar in a lot of ways.  Coach’s dream of having a pair of outside corners that can come up tackle like those 2.   

Slater

Surtain

Smith

Tier 3

Underwhelming value at 7.  I’d be pretty disappointed with them at 7.  Good targets after trade down.  JOK I’d probably sneakily be cool with at 7.  

JOK

Waddle

Horn

Darrisaw

33 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Lance is now the favorite for the number 3 pick.  That's good and bad news for us depending on how you look at it.  What's everyone's thoughts?

My thoughts are Lance being the favorite has more to do with Vegas and the number of bets than it does with anything happening in SF.  😆

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Tier 1

Any of these guys at 7 and I’m going to bed happy tonight.  All of them are serious value at 7.  Price tag to move down is considerably higher if this tier is available.

Sewell

Pitts

Chase

Lance

Tier 2

I’m confident we’re getting a very good player.  Would typically like a little better value at 7 and would feel comfortable with a trade down.  As long as tier 1 is gone I’m happy with these guys and a worthy trade is presented. I’m stubbornly high on Smith. I just envision him being dominant in a MThomas/ K.Allen type roll while being able to take the top off in a way those to really can’t, which is pretty scary when you think about it.  Slater could give us an elite oline and play wherever is needed.  Surtain is just a technician.  I love the pairing with Okudah they’re similar in a lot of ways.  Coach’s dream of having a pair of outside corners that can come up tackle like those 2.   

Slater

Surtain

Smith

Tier 3

Underwhelming value at 7.  I’d be pretty disappointed with them at 7.  Good targets after trade down.  JOK I’d probably sneakily be cool with at 7.  

JOK

Waddle

Horn

Darrisaw

Are you out on Fields?

17 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

My prediction is following order

Detroit trades #7 to NE so NE moves up for QB

Detroit takes Sewell

Detroit takes Waddle

That is the 3 scenarios I can see playing out given the rumors

In the first scenario who do you see the Lions taking?

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

If it goes Lawrence, Wilson, Lance go 1,2,3 then Fields becomes that much more valuable, as word is most teams don't value Jones nearly as high.  If teams were ok with two options at QB and now they only have one and there's much more competition teams could get desperate.

That could mean our pick is that much more valuable or it could me teams that are willing to pay the price to move up to 4 meaning an elite talent slips to us at 7.

It could also mean that free pick no one wants in Jones is still there and one of our options (Lance/Fields) is gone at 7 and i could me less teams are interested in trading up.