Trading Down

onejayhawk

If I was in Jerry's shoes, I would want Kyle Pitts from this draft. Failing that, Kwity Paye or Caleb Farley. Assume all three are gone, along with four QB and two OT.

Do you trade down? If so, how far are you willing to go? What is the objective from the first day of the draft? 

J

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If I was in Jerry's shoes, I would want Kyle Pitts from this draft. Failing that, Kwity Paye or Caleb Farley. Assume all three are gone, along with four QB and two OT.

Do you trade down? If so, how far are you willing to go? What is the objective from the first day of the draft? 

J

Good luck finding fellow Cowboys fans who think Paye and Farley going top-10 is bad news.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Good luck finding fellow Cowboys fans who think Paye and Farley going top-10 is bad news.

I don't need to. I work with them. 

Substitute Surtain for Farley if that is the way it falls. I don't give any CB a top 10 grade. Paye is the only edge rusher.

The point is, another team is offering book value for #10. If you will consider it at all, how far down would you trade? Would you take a deal like the Chiefs offered Buffalo in 2017--#27, #91 and future 1st? Buffalo also had the 10th pick.

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't need to. I work with them. 

Substitute Surtain for Farley if that is the way it falls. I don't give any CB a top 10 grade. Paye is the only edge rusher.

The point is, another team is offering book value for #10. If you will consider it at all, how far down would you trade? Would you take a deal like the Chiefs offered Buffalo in 2017--#27, #91 and future 1st? Buffalo also had the 10th pick.

J

You can assure your fellow fans that both Kwity Paye and Caleb Farley will be available at #10, but unfortunately for them, the Cowboys will select neither.

I am absolutely open to trading down. Probably not all the way back to the late-first, though, unless someone offers a truly epic haul. It’s going to take 3 1sts from someone in the late-20s to get me interested.

NE and Chicago seem like reasonable targets as trade partners.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

I don’t want any part of Kwity Paye. I see no reason to spend a top 10 pick on a DE who never produced on the field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t want any part of Kwity Paye. I see no reason to spend a top 10 pick on a DE who never produced on the field.

If you cannot have your CB of choice or the best TE in years, what do you want?
How far back would you trade to get more of what you want?

11 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It depends on who’s calling to move up and what they’re offering. And seeing that I view D-line as vastly more important than CB, I don’t really care if we don’t pick one at 10. DBs are overrated.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

It depends on who’s calling to move up and what they’re offering. And seeing that I view D-line as vastly more important than CB, I don’t really care if we don’t pick one at 10. DBs are overrated.

You are getting book value, regardless of who is calling. I am asking you who you'll talk to and who you won't. 

J

15 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You are getting book value, regardless of who is calling. I am asking you who you'll talk to and who you won't. 

J

I’ll keep my pick if Pitts and Sewell are on the board.

I’ll trade away for an offer that is greater than “book value” if those two are gone, but Surtain, Waddle, or Chase are on the board.

I’ll trade away for “book value” if those five players are gone, but Slater or Horn are on the board.

If by some miracle, all 7 of those players are gone, I’m auctioning my pick off to the highest bidder who wants a QB.

11 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Keeping the pick for a WR. I was not expecting that. 

J

Can’t write them off. Gallup is all but a guarantee to move on after season. The options after Coop and CD aren’t very good. Depending on what happens with salary cap, I don’t think Coop is guaranteed a spot . His release will save $16m. 

Either way Waddle opens up a whole different dynamic that I’m totally on board with. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Keeping the pick for a WR. I was not expecting that. 

J

The WRs are special. We only have 1 year left of Gallup, and there could be trade opportunities for him if we do draft a WR.

I’m honestly curious to know where you’ve been hanging out to have the impression that Kwity Paye is an obvious dream pick for Cowboys fans, and interest in a stud WR comes completely out of left field. 

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

For me the Pitts/Sewell/Slater are the preferred pick at 10.  If not, hope we move down, but would not be upset with Surtain or Horn at 10.

I am struggling to find a realistic way for Paye to be the pick at 10 and I'm not furious. 

So far it requires several prospects to become avengers and decide they have to fight crime instead of playing football and even then I can't quite get to a place where Paye makes sense. 

All this is to say, please, someone in the top 9, take Paye. You'll absolutely be trolling Dallas or something. Do it for the meme.