Washington OTC at #19, you make the call.

MikeT14

Pick at #19  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who are we taking at #19?

• Tevin Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
    • Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    • Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
    • Rashad Bateman, WR, Minnesota
    • Jarmin Davis, LB, Kentucky
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
    • Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    • Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
    • Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson
    • Greg Newsome, CB Northwestern

Here's how the draft has unfolded: 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence
2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson
3. San Francisco 49ers (from Miami Dolphins via Houston Texans) - Justin Fields
4. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Pitts
5. Cincinnati Bengals - Penei Sewell
6. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles) - JaMarr Chase 
7. Detroit Lions - DeVonte Smith
8. Carolina Panthers - Micah Parsons
9. Denver Broncos - Trey Lance
10. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Surtain Jr 
11. New York Giants - Jaylen Waddle
12. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins via San Francisco 49ers) - Jaycee Horn
13. Los Angeles Chargers - RaShawn Slater
14. Minnesota Vikings - Christian Darrisaw 
15. New England Patriots - Mac Jones
16. Arizona Cardinals - Caleb Farley
17. Las Vegas Raiders - Alijah Vera-Tucker
18. Miami Dolphins - Kwity Paye
19. Washington Football Team - ?????

Our big board looks like the above poll, more or less. You make the call. Unfortunately, the list is limited to these 10.

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think in this situation, I am leaning Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame. I'd really like to get someone to anchor our LBs well. 

I like JOK better but went with my guy and said Jarmin Davis think is size will entice Rivera and Del Rio more

• Like 1

From that list of available players,Travis Etienne is my pick. His talent in the backfield or on the line of scrimmage is too hard to pass up. Match up nightmare for LBs. With Terry, Curtis, Antonio, Logan would be a great addition. 
For me JOK’s size is more towards a SS than LB. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

Would be absolutely fine with either of JOK or Jamin Davis there. Or Zaven Collins if he’s their guy.

Don’t really want any of those OTs at 19. Don’t want a CB. Won’t openly revolt if they take a RB, but he better be an All-Pro or else it’s a totally wasted pick. Not sold on Moehrig, though he should probably be on the list. 

Which leaves it as Bateman and Marshall at WR and the trio of LBs. I think we can wait on WR, neither of those guys is a can’t miss receiver for me personally, so we circle back to the biggest need on the team and 3 good values.

I went with Jamin Davis. The reasoning is pretty straightforward. Behind RDE and maybe the 3-tech, I consider MLB to be the most important position in the 4-3 defense. The guy has to be able to wear every hat, and you need someone with a variety of traits — speed, play strength, ability to flow with good angles, reliable tackling, pass coverage (zone and man), instincts, and of course the mental mastery of the defense. It’s absolutely critical to have guy there who is the linchpin of the defense, connecting the back end with the front 7.

I don’t know much about Jamin Davis from a mental standpoint, although I do know he seems to come from a good family (military) and people rave about the progress he made at Kentucky. That doesn’t necessarily mean he has the football IQ to match wits with the best QBs, but it’s a good start. If they determine that the mental game is impressive, I think he’s gotta be the guy. Good size, great speed, fairly explosive, and very gifted at finding routes to the football, whether that involves scraping down the line or getting off blocks. For me, he’s the best MLB option in this draft (yes, including Parsons), so if they like him enough to make him the centerpiece of the defense, it’s a no-brainer.

If they're not that impressed with the intangibles and don’t see Davis as their long-term MIKE, then I would go with JOK. I think the upside is a little limited by the fact that he’s essentially restricted by his size to a WLB/nickel role, but I think he’ll be excellent in that niche. 

• Like 1

If I was going to make a board out of the guys on this list, it would look something like:

1. Jamin Davis

2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah

[Zaven Collins]

3. Rashod Bateman

[Terrace Marshall]

4. Teven Jenkins

[Trevon Moehrig]

5. Samuel Cosmi

6. Greg Newsome

7. Najee Harris

8. Alex Leatherwood

9. Travis Etienne

10. Jackson Carman

There are other guys I have ahead of the latter guys, but just wanted to fill in a couple of players who would be higher in my top 5 than the options listed here.

• Like 1