Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

King also said he wouldn't be surprised if the Niners make Jimmy more available than he's been and may settle for a 2nd rounder instead of trying to get a 1st rounder for him. 

If the pick is Jones, then yeah this probably happens. 

King also echoed Ian's thoughts and said this is a two horse race between Lance and Jones. 

It’s just weird and alarming....

Lomardi came out a couple days ago saying he heard it was NOT Fields and it was either Jones or Lance in the running...

now In the last two days, similar reports have been stated. Most of the time I would subscribe to ‘where there is smoke there is fire’, but this makes me lean even more towards Fields. 

I think Shanny and Lynch may be throwing people off or leaking bad info for fun at this point, there is no way Fields is gonna be in gored this much

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GW21 said:

"I'm told the work is done in Santa Clara. They have wrapped up their draft meetings officially. They're ready to make this pick, but it's in the hands of Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. They're probably not telling anybody. Nobody in that building knows and doesn't expect to know until Thursday. But the coaches broke down Mac Jones, Justin Fields and Trey Lance this week together in a neutral process. I'm told they've kept an open mind with Justin Fields and Trey Lance winning them over. They had a good process, but there's still a decent amount of buzz league-wide about Mac Jones."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2941121-49ers-rumors-sf-ready-to-make-pick-between-mac-jones-justin-fields-or-lance

Just posting these two side by side just to prove how ridiculous this all is. Its almost like no one has any clue what is going on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

It’s just weird and alarming....

Lomardi came out a couple days ago saying he heard it was NOT Fields and it was either Jones or Lance in the running...

now In the last two days, similar reports have been stated. Most of the time I would subscribe to ‘where there is smoke there is fire’, but this makes me lean even more towards Fields. 

I think Shanny and Lynch may be throwing people off or leaking bad info for fun at this point, there is no way Fields is gonna be in gored this much

If we draft Fields, I will never ever ever listen to any draft rumors from anybody ever again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we take Jones (not buying it) then trade Jimmy to NE for a 2nd rounder and then trade up to the end of the 1st and take Newsome. Then take Brown with the other 2nd rounder. 

It won’t surprise me if the Niners make Jimmy Garoppolo more available than he’s been. In other words, instead of trying to get a first-round pick for him, maybe considering taking a two for him. I wonder if the Patriots would deal the 46th pick in the draft, or their second-rounder in 2022, for their old friend.

Just now, Forge said:

It's the Jimmy g part of the mock that should worry you if you don't want Mac

Yeah, I mentioned that in my earlier post. Then Kawakami wrote today that other team execs think if Shanny wants to get rid of Jimmy, the pick is Jones… though that doesn't make a whole a lot of sense in the way it was worded but Jimmy is definitely gone if Jones is the pick.