Pick 4 (123 OVR) CB Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sirianni is young, I definitely can see him using a lot of analytics when telling Howie what he wants.

The thing is, every single player they have picked has produced in college. I get the worries about the injury history of Dickerson, but he was a stud when he was on the field. We all know what Devonta did in college. Williams played at a small school but still produced. Zech McPhearson had 4 Ints in 10 games this year.

Idk if analytics are backing these picks but when you look at production and athletic results from pro days, they all meet the level you would want. You can dislike the players for numerous different reasons, but they all produced on the field and they all have had solid athletic testing. Zech was the worst tester, but we are into the 4th round now so these guys are going to have flaws.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not being a smartass. Do you think Howie is even entertaining Nick’s opinions? I feel like he’d be treating him like when your little brother is helping. Just placating him the whole time. “Great job, buddy!” “Yea, that’s a good idea!” We’re definitely going to look into that. Good eye!.”

Very mildly.

Like I don't think they are gonna take guys the coaches hate and they are trying to fit to what the schemes are.
But coaches love guys pretty easily so I don't think it's a large chunk.

I think the analytics team has the biggest influence in years past and it showed. Gets exacerbated by Lurie who believes in that team a lot.

In the press conference right now Howie said they told themselves they weren't gonna "reach" just to take a need and followed that by saying they had McPhearson in the 3rd and were thinking about trading up and had to hold back basically and that it wasn't just cause he played corner.