Me vs Mayock Round 2

drfrey13

If you have not already make your pick for round 1 here:

Me vs Mayock(Gruden) - Las Vegas Raiders - FootballsFuture.com

When we are on the clock try to make your round 2 pick based on your round 1 pick.  At the end of the draft I will put together everyone's full draft.  If you have to make the pick after we select no big deal.  Just try to make each pick in the correct round.  If you want please post previous picks with the new one.  Would make it a little easier at the end.

Round 1: Darrisaw

Round 2:  Moehrig

Edited by drfrey13

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

can i take Leatherwood in round 2?

Same rules as previous years that you can only draft players that have not been drafted yet.  You never know.  If we would have drafted Darrisaw maybe the Vikings grab Leatherwood.

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Same rules as previous years that you can only draft players that have not been drafted yet.  You never know.  If we would have drafted Darrisaw maybe the Vikings grab Leatherwood.

it was a tongue-in-cheek comment tbh

• Like 1

It really depends on who's available. There are 3 definitions of success here.

1. There is a guy you just can't miss (somewhat doubtful because you had the chance to take them at 17 and took Leatherwood). Trade up and really use assets (e.g. a 3rd and 4th).

2. There are 4-5 guys you really like. Wait for one to drop a little because of the run on offensive lineman and trade up more modestly (a 4th).

3. Be patient and wait for a guy who you like. Or trade back and take a guy, then package picks to move up in the 3rd/into the late 2nd for another (3rd) player.

This would make sense for a safety if we go DL with the 2nd round pick.

What I don't want is a reach without trade down. Or us to narrowly miss out on a really good player because we didn't want to move back a few spots.

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i'll own that EDGE was never on the table in round 1

Round 1: Christian Darrisaw

Round 2: will edit based on who is actually available when we are up

i'll continue to own that the raiders didnt want to target EDGE after signing yannick and still trusting ferrell/crosby.

and therefore I also would have picked Moehrig where they were.

1st - Darrishaw - My number 2 OT. A day one starter at RT that we can pencil in for the next 5 plus years and won't have to worry about it again. Darrishaw was the only OT I would have selected in the first in terms of guys still available. 

2nd - Azeez Ojulari - A top 10 player on my big board. HOWEVER, the fact that he is still available seems to indicate there must be something seriously wrong with him medically speaking. And I don't have access or the knowledge of those types of things so it's entirely possible that with those issues being known by the front office that I would have passed on him as well. Just hard to say. If the medicals are that concerning JOK would have been my selection. Had him as a top 19 player I believe overall. By no means though does that mean that Moehrig isn't a pick that I absolutely love. He would have been my third selection and I can totally understand the thought process on him and JOK being comparable talent levels and FS being a bigger hole and thus a larger impact. 

42 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

1st - Darrishaw - My number 2 OT. A day one starter at RT that we can pencil in for the next 5 plus years and won't have to worry about it again. Darrishaw was the only OT I would have selected in the first in terms of guys still available. 

2nd - Azeez Ojulari - A top 10 player on my big board. HOWEVER, the fact that he is still available seems to indicate there must be something seriously wrong with him medically speaking. And I don't have access or the knowledge of those types of things so it's entirely possible that with those issues being known by the front office that I would have passed on him as well. Just hard to say. If the medicals are that concerning JOK would have been my selection. Had him as a top 19 player I believe overall. By no means though does that mean that Moehrig isn't a pick that I absolutely love. He would have been my third selection and I can totally understand the thought process on him and JOK being comparable talent levels and FS being a bigger hole and thus a larger impact. 

feel the same about Ojulari.

but i feel like we could have moved back into the 2nd by dealing both thirds and landing JOK, a first round talent. could be a long term answer both at LB and playing the slot, both problem positions for us.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

feel the same about Ojulari.

but i feel like we could have moved back into the 2nd by dealing both thirds and landing JOK, a first round talent. could be a long term answer both at LB and playing the slot, both problem positions for us.

I agree completely. 

It would have been a move I would have tried my hardest to pull off. I get wanting to have as many cracks as possible because the draft is such a crap shoot, but I believe our team currently needs difference makers. Real impact players. We have a bunch of guys that are solid or ok and can hold down this starting spot or whatever, we need guys that can be play makers. 

So I would have sacrificed the extra ammo to pull off stealing Moehrig and JOK. It would have been a gutsy move, but one I would have tried to make happen personally and would have loved to see the front office pull it off. 

That's the way it goes at times though. Still a lot of talented to be had.