2021 Draft Thread - Day 3 Throwdown

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

your talking about 5th round pick . lol. you looking for guys to fit a role and he has a good ceiling to develop into a QB2. MM is gone after this year 

Yeah and if I don't think that 5th round pick will even make the team then I'm not spending it on a QB just for sheets and geegs. Give me someone who can actually play snaps, even if its special teams. It doesn't worry you that he left Georgia...for what? too much competition? 

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If we draft any of the QB's left I'll throw up. Sign an UDFA if you need to but between Mariota/Carr this is just no need and the remaining crop is sub-par to be kind. 

These picks should all be best defensive player available and maybe a pick for offense (best offensive weapon/OL). 

I don't want him but i'm ready for Ian Book being one of our picks. I think i'm watching Bruce Gradkowski when i look at his clips.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder what the deal with Peterman is. We keep bringing him back and Gruden seemingly loves him. I wonder if we'd trade MM and roll with him as a backup? He damn well sure know the playbook by now.

ya, I think Gruden is high on him. dude is a scrub lol... 

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah and if I don't think that 5th round pick will even make the team then I'm not spending it on a QB just for sheets and geegs. Give me someone who can actually play snaps, even if its special teams. It doesn't worry you that he left Georgia...for what? too much competition? 

because of COVID! think big picture, Newman would need a redshirt year to get the playbook. By year 2, could be a key reserve as QB2

because of COVID! think big picture, Newman would need a redshirt year to get the playbook. By year 2, could be a key reserve as QB2

If you believe that and like his skill set then be my guest. I'm just not super interested. If he's there in the 7th maybe but these two 5ths can still give us some value on the roster this year. We need that. I would take him over Ian Book. Good lord I hope he's not the pick. But he fits Gruden so well. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If you believe that and like his skill set then be my guest. I'm just not super interested. If he's there in the 7th maybe but these two 5ths can still give us some value on the roster this year. We need that. I would take him over Ian Book. Good lord I hope he's not the pick. But he fits Gruden so well. 

I do hope we get a DT and OL with these 2 5th. But I wouldn't be mad with Newman at all. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

JT sucked at USC, Fresno State lit him up. But I see he is now projected in 2022 First Round mocks. 

He came to USC a year early and played on a horrible team. Then he got hurt during the first game of his sophomore season and Slovis balled out so he transferred.