2021 NFL Draft: Day Three Thread (NEED MOAR GIFS!!!)

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The difference is talent between this 4th round TE we took vs the other TEs we have on the roster (minus Thomas) is greater than Jabril Cox and the other linebackers we have on the roster.  We literally have nothing at TE.

Which I totally agree with. That’s why I badly wanted Freiermuth instead of Cosmi. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Which I totally agree with. That’s why I badly wanted Freiermuth instead of Cosmi. 

I liked Patty F too but I think we probably got lucky with our scrub tackles holding down the LT Spot last year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I liked Patty F too but I think we probably got lucky with our scrub tackles holding down the LT Spot last year.

Very true. Just thought the idea when trading for Flowers was to put Charles out there at LT. I do like the Cosmi pick a lot but damn if passing on Brevin Jordan doesn’t sting a little. Just do not like the St. Juste or Bates picks at all. 

• Like 2

So look it’s been a doom and gloom thread here these last two days. Can we atleast give some love to the fan who called our TE selection and say he represented this team like a pro I was laughing and I thought it was great lol

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Very true. Just thought the idea when trading for Flowers was to put Charles out there at LT. I do like the Cosmi pick a lot but damn if passing on Brevin Jordan doesn’t sting a little. Just do not like the St. Juste or Bates picks at all. 

Brevin Jordan dropped to the 5th rd for some reason. Either injury or character issues. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So pick him later. I mean, would it have been back breaking not to get this guy? When is he even going to see the field? Jabril Cox would’ve been on the field almost immediately. I really like the Cosmi and Brown picks. I’m lukewarm on the Davis pick because he wasn’t even considered a starter going into the season until the starter had a stroke and he got on the field. But the St Juste and Bates picks? Hate them. Seems like when Gibbs had control of the draft and was just picking guys way ahead of where they should go because he liked the interviews they had. I hope I’m wrong and these guys play great but man, these picks seem like major reaches. 

We have no clue what grade they had on him. We have no clue if he’d be available in round 5 or 7. You’re going off of website analysts grades on a player the teams have different grades than the talking heads and I trust the teams evaluation more.

I mean be honest, have ever even seen St Juste or Bates play? I’ve seen St Juste, he has something to him but needs more development. Totally agree he was taken too high in my eyes too as I wouldn’t taken Dynami Brown at 74, Tremble at 82 & then a CB or S in the 4th.

Like you though, I do hope I’m wrong about that. I don’t think St. Juste is a huge reach. Bates I don’t know enough about him to make that determination but our coaches, GMs & Scouts were around him at the senior bowl, he must have made an impact. If the kid can block like Logan Paulsen, and is capable of having a 30 catch season, I know I’ll Love him. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Brevin Jordan had an abysmal pro day, I’m fine passing on him.  I understand your concern but at least we’re adding bodies at positions of need and not taking crappy special teams players. Everyone we’ve taken so far should make the final 53.

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, Pat F was the only TE in this draft outside of Pitts who would come in and make a big contribution on offense as a#2 TE. Not taking in round 2 could become the biggest mistake of this draft.

You know what gets me? It’s not so much who we passed on in this years TE draft class but it’s the crop of TEs we passed on the mid rounds last year.

Missing on some of those TEs in the 4th round and taking AGG instead doesn’t feel like a good pick from last years draft. Especially since Cam Sims broke out last year, we signed Curtis Samuel, we just drafted Dyami Brown - who seems like a poor man’s Terry McLaurin - and Kelvin Harmon who is coming back.

Now, maybe they move Harmon to TE or use him at a big slot type TE/move H-back TE who is a good blocker too but that’s TBD.

It’s also to be determined about AGG bc we don’t know what AGG can do at this point still, but it just doesn’t seem like that will end up being a good selection in last years 4th round.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, e16bball said:

I’m thinking it could be Jermar Jefferson here at 163. I’m sure many would prefer a different “JJ” (Jamar Johnson), but I think the character red flags will be too much for Rivera.

I’ll go with another guy I’ve never heard of that had a good sit-down with Rivera lol. Maybe Jamie Newman or possibly Khalil Herbert. Probably not though. 

• Like 1