2021 NFL Draft: Day Three Thread (NEED MOAR GIFS!!!)

I will say that a lot of picks on Day 3 seem like reaches, but you honestly never know. Apparently this guy loves to run block and is really good at it. He’s a big body TE. I’m fine with the pick, we never know if we tried to wait for him in round 5 or 7 that another team takes him wanting a run blocking TE. The only part that makes me sad, is that I really wanted Tremble as our run blocker at TE. But I also like St Juste and Brown, so it’s fine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s what I was wondering about Cox. He got passed on a lot. 

You never know. These teams hire PI’s and fallow these guys. If they have concerns they won’t have them on the board. It’s easy to rank a players ability. But the mental will burn you more often then a injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rizzy said:

The only thing I can say bad about Jordan is he may lack heart. He seemed to take forever coming back from injuries. Still at this point the talent significantly outweighs that.

Can’t play for Rivera if you lack heart of don’t love football or don’t put it first, just ask Dwayne Haskins.

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

You never know. These teams hire PI’s and fallow these guys. If they have concerns they won’t have them on the board. It’s easy to rank a players ability. But the mental will burn you more often then a injury.

Cox had shoulder surgery that there’s a chance people don’t recover 100%

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who ran a 4.6 forty though lol. Bates ran like a 4.9. 

Not trying to be a pest, but do you not care about blocking? It’s so important to our running game and has been a problem for years. It’s nice to get a TE that has blocking as his top trait.

I hope we sign a FA, we’d need to no matter who we drafted at TE but Pat F.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, instant reaction, this might be the most disappointed I’ve been in a draft in years. They’re reaching all over the place. Not moving down and building draft capital. I mean, some of these picks are massive, massive reaches. St. Juste and Bates are basically undrafted free agent types we picked in the middle rounds. I mean, obviously these are all wait and see because you never know but on the face this has been bad. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not trying to be a pest, but do you not care about blocking? It’s so important to our running game and has been a problem for years. It’s nice to get a TE that has blocking as his top trait.

I hope we sign a FA, we’d need to no matter who we drafted at TE but Pat F.

Logan Thomas is going to be a free agent after this year. Our next guy up is an international prospect that has never played football before. So we’re going to give Logan Thomas a big contract in his age 31-season? You can find blocking TEs as undrafted free agents. 

And this vaccine shot pick is weird as hell. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I will say that a lot of picks on Day 3 seem like reaches, but you honestly never know. Apparently this guy loves to run block and is really good at it. He’s a big body TE. I’m fine with the pick, we never know if we tried to wait for him in round 5 or 7 that another team takes him wanting a run blocking TE. The only part that makes me sad, is that I really wanted Tremble as our run blocker at TE. But I also like St Juste and Brown, so it’s fine. 

I agree. As I said yesterday, I wish they had switched up the order of players we had taken yesterday but apparently they liked St. Juste a lot and someone was going to take him.

I would’ve rather taken:

Dyami Brown at 74

Tremble at 82

And then hoped St Juste fell to us in the 4th or just taken another corner or Jamar Johnson with this last pick.

If I was the Gm, I would’ve done that.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree. As I said yesterday, I wish they had switched up the order of players we had taken yesterday but apparently they liked St. Juste a lot and someone was going to take him.

I would’ve rather taken:

Dyami Brown at 74

Tremble at 82

And then hoped St Juste fell to us in the 4th or just taken another corner or Jamar Johnson with this last pick.

If I was the Gm, I would’ve done that.

Pretty much the entire highlight reel of St. Juste is him playing 10 yards off and allowing a catch in front of him so he should fit right in here. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Logan Thomas is going to be a free agent after this year. Our next guy up is an international prospect that has never played football before. So we’re going to give Logan Thomas a big contract in his age 31-season? You can find blocking TEs as undrafted free agents. 

And this vaccine shot pick is weird as hell. 

Yeah but I don’t think we should sit here and act like any of 4th to late round TEs are greatly different than the others. They saw this kid at Sr Bowl practices. They obviously liked him and probably liked his blocking the most of any of the prospects or at least he was one of their favorite blockers. 

I do think think they should re-sign Logan after this season. I also think they should sign Jesse James, Tyler Eifert, Trey Burton or Jacob Hollister etc as a FA to be the #2 TE and they should give them a 2 or 3 year deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/

Look at the list of FA TEs available, there are some Good depth guys.