NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

On 7/28/2018 at 3:04 PM, SemperFeist said:

There’s never any signs of aging or slowing down, everyone feels better than they have at any time in their career, and everyone is in the best shape of their life

Speak for yourself.

I am guessing that you are quite a bit younger then me. Just wait a few years. Soon enough you'll have a first hand counter example to your statement. 

i'm pretty sure Semper was speaking sarcastically, issuing the pr points that players say, which he feels aren't true.

but if you have good genetics behind you, and take care of yourself in the present, your health can be pretty amazing. i can out work guys in their 20's, and at 92 my father still goes to work every day.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

Just now, vike daddy said:

i'm pretty sure Semper was speaking sarcastically, issuing the pr points that players say, which he feels aren't true.

Ah, thanks for the heads up so that I can know that I have to recalibrate my sarcasm meter (again). I've been over in Norway for a bit of time and popping around Denmark now. These people have a different kind of sarcasm; it always messes with my meter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

oooh, tell us about it!

I assume you mean about their sarcasm and not about my trip. I don't have any stories that interesting but I can't ever tell when they are being serious or when they are joking. Sometimes I think they are just trying to get a reaction...but I'm not sure. I've been visiting Norway regularly for years and it has always been the same. I don't get to other countries so often but try to visit one or two other countries in Europe each time I'm over on this side of the pond. Most of my interactions in other European countries are less personal and therefore professionalism dictates the people that I (try to) communicate with put up with my lack of understanding of their native language.

Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr was not penalized last season when he hit Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers after Rodgers delivered a pass while out of the pocket, but something similar this year would have a different result. That was the word from NFL referee Pete Morelli on Thursday. Morelli was in Minnesota to talk to the Vikings about this year’s rules changes, including enhanced protections for defenseless players. Morelli also spoke to reporters and told them that Rodgers, who broke his collarbone on the play, would qualify under that change.

Morelli: “Any time a quarterback’s in a defenseless position, players will have to kind of roll to the side when they make that tackle instead of plopping down on them. So, yeah, the Aaron Rodgers hit would be a foul this year. As long as he’s out of pocket, established, and all that. If he’s running, that’s not the same.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/02/pete-morelli-anthony-barrs-hit-on-aaron-rodgers-would-be-a-penalty-this-year/

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

trying to legislate injuries out of the game. Bold strategy, let’s see how it works out for them. They’re asking for softer tackles... tackles that are much more likely to be whiffed on or broken. 

They'll never be able to eliminate all injuries....I don't think that's their intention. It's just to make things as safe as possible. It's about protecting defenseless players.