NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He was released by Cleveland. I can't imagine he will get much time. Might be worth considering for 2019.

The Vikings had interest in him previously. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him at some point in 2018 yet depending on the outcome of his guilty plea. I'm no lawyer but it seems unlikely ot me he would simply plead guilty if it was plea agreement involved much jail time.

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

Another bullet dodged...

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/browns-linebacker-mychal-kendricks-charged-with-insider-trading-i-deeply-regret-it

He got suckered by another Goldman Sachs guy...it's no wonder.  That company is about as sleazy as AIG.    

There is two parts to AIG. Basically it's the top 1% people and then everybody else. My mom works for them, wasn't part of that top management team, and still basically got crucified for just being part of the company.

Sleazy company? absolutely, but not everybody that works there is so bad!

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

There is two parts to AIG. Basically it's the top 1% people and then everybody else. My mom works for them, wasn't part of that top management team, and still basically got crucified for just being part of the company.

Sleazy company? absolutely, but not everybody that works there is so bad!

I'm certain that's true...and my contempt (which has been over 20 years) with them has nothing to do with their lower level employees, it's always been their practices in the insurance industry, which certainly comes from the top-down.  Their culture has always been of playing fast and loose with their ethics in the industry.    When I worked at the state insurance department, they often would violate state law (granted they were minor violations in the whole grand scheme of things) and not even bother to attempt to change their practices to comply with the law...they'd just do the same thing they were doing before and then just wait for the next market conduct.  I personally could never work for them.  Okay, I'll step off the soapbox now.  :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Their culture has always been of playing fast and loose with their ethics in the industry.    When I worked at the state insurance department, they often would violate state law (granted they were minor violations in the whole grand scheme of things) and not even bother to attempt to change their practices to comply with the law.

the Seattle Seahawks of the insurance industry.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

He was released by Cleveland. I can't imagine he will get much time. Might be worth considering for 2019.

I think it's rather ridiculous that they released him, considering he told them about it prior to signing with them.  The fact that they chose not to investigate it deeper prior to signing him again shows how they may be the worst franchise in the NFL.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think it's rather ridiculous that they released him, considering he told them about it prior to signing with them.  The fact that they chose not to investigate it deeper prior to signing him again shows how they may be the worst franchise in the NFL.  

From what I've read, it sounds like they did know about it, and they asked him about it, and he said it wasn't going to be a big deal, so he lied about it to them. For that reason, I can see them releasing him, especially if for some reason the NFL suspends him from playing while the investigation continues.

For me, it would depend upon what he actually said...and regardless, they clearly didn't do their due diligence because they chose not to investigate it further before signing him.  I can guarantee you that Spielman wouldn't just take a player's word regardless of whether he personally believes him or not.  Maybe Kendricks didn't think it was as big of a deal as it turned out to be.  It's on the Browns to do their own research prior to signing him because they should have known.  

Edited by swede700

On 8/29/2018 at 11:27 AM, SemperFeist said:

Meh. The owners is this league have undoubtedly done worse. 

If he gets cut over this, and avoids jail time, I’d easily bring him in. 

I've been thinking the same thing.  Chances are, we could get him at league minimum after he gets out of the hoosegow.  Being around his brother might keep him out of any other trouble too.