NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It always baffles me how NFL owners get conned by these types of moves. 

I feel bad for Lawrence, or Fields. 

I think there was also an unintended pun...

It always baffles me how NFL owners get Khanned by these types of moves.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RpMc said:

They may prove me wrong, but I find hirings like this one and the Chargers' hiring of Staley as ridiculous, as these guys have proven nothing to warrant such promotion...the Staley one is even more baffling than this one, but I see the future of these moves not going all that well.  

12 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Everyone wants the next young guy.  I think that's, part of the reason, why Bieniemy isn't finding anything.

Plus, he suffers from the same thing that Zimmer did...too much frank honesty.

I understand some of the copycat nature of the game, but I hate this kind.  It's one thing to get a young guy who has clearly been groomed/prepared for the job, but then you see hires like these and the Zac Taylor hiring previously, where it seems like they are just pulling a name out of a hat or throwing it against a wall and hoping it sticks...there doesn't appear to be any legitimate strategy to it.  

These types of hires reek more like the hirings of Childress, Frazier and Tice than it does Zimmer.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Plus, he suffers from the same thing that Zimmer did...too much frank honesty.

I understand some of the copycat nature of the game, but I hate this kind.  It's one thing to get a young guy who has clearly been groomed/prepared for the job, but then you see hires like these and the Zac Taylor hiring previously, where it seems like they are just pulling a name out of a hat or throwing it against a wall and hoping it sticks...there doesn't appear to be any legitimate strategy to it.  

These types of hires reek more like the hirings of Childress, Frazier and Tice than it does Zimmer.  

Spin the wheel of coaches who are under 40!

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, it's sad when I think the Jets did a significantly better job with their hire than a SB champion from 3 years ago.

The Eagles hire is baffling. Hire the guy who was the OC to the OC of the guy you just fired. Crazy. 

I think the Jets, Falcons, and the Lions made very good hires. 

The Chargers screwed up, imo, by not hiring Brian Dabol. I don’t understand the point of going from Lynn to Staley. 

What’s going on in Jacksonville is what you get when you have a football fan running the team. 

Houston...at this point there doesn’t look to be a good way to fix Houston. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Eagles hire is baffling. Hire the guy who was the OC to the OC of the guy you just fired. Crazy. 

I think the Jets, Falcons, and the Lions made very good hires. 

The Chargers screwed up, imo, by not hiring Brian Dabol. I don’t understand the point of going from Lynn to Staley. 

What’s going on in Jacksonville is what you get when you have a football fan running the team. 

Houston...at this point there doesn’t look to be a good way to fix Houston. 

Yeah, I think Lurie has just screwed himself for the next couple of decades.  It's one thing to fire Pederson, but to hire this guy as a result?  Mismanagement of the situation is almost too kind of a description.  

The Chargers had the perfect situation sitting with them in just waiting to hire Daboll...up and coming OC (with significant experience) and just happened to go to HS with the GM...but then the Spanos' had to go all Jessie Spano on it and make a Showgirls type of hire.  

Edited by swede700