NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This just sounds more and more like a set up for a trade. 

It could be...or it could be that they just made the situation a little more conducive to doing a long-term deal after the season (since they couldn't do it any longer), buying them more time to work on it.  I don't officially know all the rules, but since he never signed the tag and now has agreed to an alternative contract, doesn't that mean he's no longer under the tag and is free to continue to work on and sign an extension?  Or is he still ineligible?  (Which I don't think would stop them from working out the details on an extension just not actually put it on paper). 

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It could be...or it could be that they just made the situation a little more conducive to doing a long-term deal after the season (since they couldn't do it any longer), buying them more time to work on it.  I don't officially know all the rules, but since he never signed the tag and now has agreed to an alternative contract, doesn't that mean he's no longer under the tag and is free to continue to work on and sign an extension?  Or is he still ineligible?  (Which I don't think would stop them from working out the details on an extension just not actually put it on paper). 

He’s still ineligible because it’s past the tag deadline. His only options were to sign the tag or sign a 1 year deal. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s still ineligible because it’s past the tag deadline. His only options were to sign the tag or sign a 1 year deal. 

Thanks...I wasn't sure of the details.  Although I certainly don't think that would preclude them from hammering out the details of a long-term deal...just not put them on paper like Glen Taylor did.  🤣