NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Cousins has been working with Penix...

So much so that Penix throws one pass out of reach of his WR in the endzone, and the other pass the WR has to turn around to catch it.

I like Penix but this does not look good for him.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I like Penix but this does not look good for him.

lol. judging a guy on two practice passes.

how did he do on all his other passes that day, or other practices? is that part of your consideration?

• Like 1

It's OTAs, no one really cares. It's the time to work on things.  In fact, if you look good at OTAs, then I suggest that you're being too cautious and you're not trying hard enough.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

lol. judging a guy on two practice passes.

how did he do on all his other passes that day, or other practices? is that part of your consideration?

We can only judge based on the information that we receive. 

It's honestly better than Penix Jr gets those negative reps out now and that he continues to work with Cousins and Heinicke. He's in a great position to succeed.

I just find the clip humourous given the context.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We can only judge based on the information that we receive. 

if we know there is other information out there we are not aware of, then it's not the right time to judge.

• Like 2

Aaron Rodgers was a regular participant in the voluntary portions of the Jets’ offseason program. But he didn’t show up for the first day of the team’s mandatory minicamp. The Jets regarded the absence as unexcused. And, per a source with knowledge of the situation, Rodgers will be fined.

Under the CBA, the fine for missing the first day of mandatory minicamp is $16,953. It’s a drop in the bucket for Rodgers. But it sends a clear message.

There’s a question as to whether the Jets had the discretion to excuse the absence. The Collective Bargaining Agreement speaks expressly in terms of “unexcused” absence. This implies that an absence can be excused.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-will-be-fining-aaron-rodgers-for-unexcused-minicamp-absence

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Aaron Rodgers was a regular participant in the voluntary portions of the Jets’ offseason program. But he didn’t show up for the first day of the team’s mandatory minicamp. The Jets regarded the absence as unexcused. And, per a source with knowledge of the situation, Rodgers will be fined.

Under the CBA, the fine for missing the first day of mandatory minicamp is $16,953. It’s a drop in the bucket for Rodgers. But it sends a clear message.

There’s a question as to whether the Jets had the discretion to excuse the absence. The Collective Bargaining Agreement speaks expressly in terms of “unexcused” absence. This implies that an absence can be excused.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-will-be-fining-aaron-rodgers-for-unexcused-minicamp-absence

I can't believe it!  Drama surrounding Aaron Rodgers?  What's the world coming to??

• Like 2

I guess when you’re one of the more popular/influential owners in the league, any sort of real punishment wasn’t to be expected. 

This is a laughable punishment. A slap on the wrist with a wet noodle.

If this is the precedent for punishment, why wouldn’t every team start working early? 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2