> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

fair fair, and yeah if Howie takes this draft probably all will bust.

If we fire Howie, take Sauce or Elam at 15. If Howie is here, take Linderbaum. ST, OL, DT, and RB are the only Howie-proof positions. If Howie takes a CB, LB, S not named Kyle Hamilton, DE, WR not named DeVonta or Ja'Marr or Treylon, or a QB- you can pretty much bet the farm on them busting.

Edited by Jeezla

On 10/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, Danger said:

3 top 10 picks sounds awesome.
We traded Ertz, I'm appreciative of all he did, but not Goedert can flourish, Ertz can play for a better team, and we get a bit of draft capital in return.
Zech McPherson's looked promising in the preseason.
Josh Sweat has looked good.
Javon Hargrave has looked great.
Rich Gannon has good games and bad games.
Jalen Hurts doesn't make dumb plays too often or try to play hero ball, despite the fact that I think he has a low ceiling.
Kenneth Gainwell seems like he could be a key RB for us moving forward.
Mailata's been good.

Arynn Siposs is legit.

Is Gannon still one of your happy takes? Can we officially move him to purely unhappy takes?

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is Gannon still one of your happy takes? Can we officially move him to purely unhappy takes?

I'd say that's fair, He had 2 decent games against Atlanta and Carolina. Obviously Sam Darnold is bad. But in general I'm just trying to figure out why we did well in those two games.

54 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd still love the draft, but I wouldn't fee like Hutchinson was going to be a star. He's like a middle class mans Chris Long. And I would assume, even tho I want him, that Sauce will bust just because Howie picked him.

fair fair, and yeah if Howie takes this draft probably all will bust.

I was thinking about Hutchinson some more, in this scheme and how a lot of defenses are going.
He's really in that Calais Campbell/Arik Armstead mold. Actually really reminds me of a mix between the two. Bit more bend than Campbell. See that for him way more than a Chris Long. 

You have him play end and he can shift down easily certain downs and not risk getting washed like a lot of smaller edges do. If you switch to a 3-4 base he's a could be a plus 34End in the vein of JJ with the Texans. 

There is a value there, especially with Hargrave longer term. Both guys will need extra bodies on them.

I see where you are coming from with the lack of elite speed...but he's not really a Barnett/ typical Eagles DE archetype.

Taking him top 4 is a bit much, but with that 2nd pick I think he'd be fine more and more I watch him.

After trading for stud rookie CB's Gowan and Vincent, I think we can all cross Stingley/Booth/Elam/Gardner off our mock drafts. 

1 QB
1 OL
1 DL

Will be the picks. Or we will trade them for 2 or 3 years of Russell Wilson.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

After trading for stud rookie CB's Gowan and Vincent, I think we can all cross Stingley/Booth/Elam/Gardner off our mock drafts. 

1 QB
1 OL
1 DL

Will be the picks. Or we will trade them for 2 or 3 years of Russell Wilson.

Probably… with Nelson gone after this year and Slay gone soon after they could still go for that top guy, but QB and DL seem a safe bet.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

right now if we're taking a QB in the first, I hope it's Willis with out pick around the 9-11 range. Don't think he makes it to the Colts pick.

Not going to be able to watch it live, but excited to hear how him and Corral look today going against each other. 

Eagles are one of the teams with a scout in attendance.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Malik Willis and Matt Corral going head to head, obviously supporting casts aren't comparable, but Willis hasn't looked good.

Jalen Hurts/Tyrod Taylor with a stronger arm, but the same inconsistencies as a passer/decision maker.
Jurkovec in round 3 is the answer. He can be the long term backup for whoever we draft in 2023.

Pickett should probably win the Heisman, but I could see Bryce Young taking it too. Looking like Young will be #1 QB in 2023, then Stroud in 2024.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

then Stroud in 2024.

Why wouldn't he come out next year if his stock is high?

Next year he'll be a Redshirt-Sophomore and was part of the 2020 recruiting class just like Young.

Sounds like he's been playing pretty good football lately, but had a game to forget today.

Edit: Caleb Williams is 2024 though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <