2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Maybe Love will make some strides now that the pressure for him to step in and replace Rodgers has pretty much vanished.  How mad would CHI/MIN fans be to see Love grow into a legit QB1 over these next few seasons and step in as a seamless replacement for Rodgers in 2025?

Under this scenario Love gets the 5th year option slapped on him. Which will likely be 25 million for a quarterback by then. To sit behind the quarterback who will be on the books for 50 million that year. Then, he re-signs with us after sitting behind AR for 5 years and one would have to assume he'd want starting QB money on a second contract without much meaningful game action. 

Call me a pessimist but I don't see that playing out that way. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Gute is doing what Gute does.  Try to plug as many holes in FA before the draft.  He'll have more flexibility to go BPA now with Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and now Reed under contract.  See if he can engineer a trade for vet WR guess he's been making calls.  

WR, OT, ILB, S, and TE...

EDGE rusher is priority #1 since I don't see us taking a WR in round 1. Certainly not with both picks. 

28 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In the end I think the vet WR ends up being MVS, and GB rolls with what is essentially last year's group minus Adams plus the rookie(s)

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

I think MVS is a likely resigning and if they go crazy they add Fuller if he doesn’t want to go to Cleveland with Watson.

Then they likely draft 2-3 WRs (I would assume 1 in the first 2 days).

The facts are how many spots are really open for new WRs if MVS resigns?

Lazard, MVS, Cobb, Amari are all pretty much locks. At most 3 spots are open if you go with 7 WRs. More likely they run with 6 WRs and have a few on the practice squad they like. If they sign say a Fuller or Jones… that leave one spot for a rookie. The more I write the more it feels like MVS resigning and just getting 2 guys in the draft feels like the plan.

Here is the best pass rusher in the draft. If his case isn't decided prior to the draft, would you take a mid to late round flyer on the guy? 

Thing is if he does go to trial and is acquitted the NFL can't suspend. He wasn't in the NFL when these allegations occurred. 

Adam Anderson's attorney reportedly asks for dismissal of rape charges against former Georgia defender (saturdaydownsouth.com)

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think MVS is a likely resigning and if they go crazy they add Fuller if he doesn’t want to go to Cleveland with Watson.

Then they likely draft 2-3 WRs (I would assume 1 in the first 2 days).

The facts are how many spots are really open for new WRs if MVS resigns?

Lazard, MVS, Cobb, Amari are all pretty much locks. At most 3 spots are open if you go with 7 WRs. More likely they run with 6 WRs and have a few on the practice squad they like. If they sign say a Fuller or Jones… that leave one spot for a rookie. The more I write the more it feels like MVS resigning and just getting 2 guys in the draft feels like the plan.

Man that's a weak *** group unless those rookies hit and hit early. 

I don't think Amari is a lock lock like he was last year. Gute is not Ted in terms of just giving a free pass to his draft picks for 4 years. He bounced J'mon off the team in year 2. If Amari doesn't show he's taken a step forward in camp, I don't think he's a guarantee to make the team. 

Simple fact remains that regardless of whether they bring back MVS for the speed element or not, they probably need a veteran FA addition plus a top 60 pick at WR (I'm hoping top 30). Otherwise, you're not going to improve this unit, and frankly, you've probably gone backwards after losing Adams. That's rough look for an "all in" team who just spent $50m this season on a 38-year old QB. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

EDGE rusher is priority #1 since I don't see us taking a WR in round 1. Certainly not with both picks. 

Yah you're right.  We have 2 decent starters but definitely could use depth there. Let me try again...

WR, OT, ILB, Edge, S, TE  

Just now, Scoremore said:

Yah you're right.  We have 2 decent starters but definitely could use depth there. Let me try again...

WR, OT, ILB, Edge, S, TE  

I don't think the Packers will put much into the ILB position. Barnes is up and down but is good enough as a 2-down player when you have Campbell as your 3-down LB. I could see a day 3 pick there, but that's it. 

Also hope the Packers don't go too high at TE. TE's usually take 2-3 years to develop. You're not getting much in return there right now. 

For me, even after the Reed signing, the top 5 positions of need are WR, EDGE, OL, S, DL, probably in that order. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Here is the best pass rusher in the draft. If his case isn't decided prior to the draft, would you take a mid to late round flyer on the guy? 

Thing is if he does go to trial and is acquitted the NFL can't suspend. He wasn't in the NFL when these allegations occurred. 

Adam Anderson's attorney reportedly asks for dismissal of rape charges against former Georgia defender (saturdaydownsouth.com)

Hell no.  This is the Green Bay Packers not the Cleveland Browns.  We don't roll that way.  Character matters. If he was acquitted maybe  but they would have to dig deep to make sure he is OK.  Packers would likely just steer clear of the whole situation.   So would I if I was the GM...

Edited by Scoremore

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think the Packers will put much into the ILB position. Barnes is up and down but is good enough as a 2-down player when you have Campbell as your 3-down LB. I could see a day 3 pick there, but that's it. 

Also hope the Packers don't go too high at TE. TE's usually take 2-3 years to develop. You're not getting much in return there right now. 

For me, even after the Reed signing, the top 5 positions of need are WR, EDGE, OL, S, DL, probably in that order. 

Agree with TE.  Wish they would have gone after a Vet.  Well guess they did in Tonyan but not sure he'll be 100% for awhile.  Doesn't it really take guys 2 years to get all the way back?  DL I'd agree we signed a stop gap but if the right value is there all for it.  ILB would really like an upgrade there.  Barnes is OK but if we could land a stud in the middle rounds that would be great.  We have no depth there either.  Rank OL ahead of Edge.  We need a RT might take 2 OL in this draft.  Yah OT is a pretty big need IMO.  Wouldn't surprise me if we go OT, WR with our first 2 picks.  Again it will all depend on how the board falls.  

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Man that's a weak *** group unless those rookies hit and hit early. 

I don't think Amari is a lock lock like he was last year. Gute is not Ted in terms of just giving a free pass to his draft picks for 4 years. He bounced J'mon off the team in year 2. If Amari doesn't show he's taken a step forward in camp, I don't think he's a guarantee to make the team. 

Simple fact remains that regardless of whether they bring back MVS for the speed element or not, they probably need a veteran FA addition plus a top 60 pick at WR (I'm hoping top 30). Otherwise, you're not going to improve this unit, and frankly, you've probably gone backwards after losing Adams. That's rough look for an "all in" team who just spent $50m this season on a 38-year old QB. 

I mean I don’t disagree… but the issue is you would of love to upgrade the group by replacing MVS, Lazard and Cobb, with the idea of you having Adams.

Without Adams you need guys that know the offense and that Rodgers is comfortable with. My issue and I had a nice back and forth with Leader on this is…. I trust the offense and the scheme. I trust that it can get random players open. I don’t trust Rodgers to throw to those random players.

Now it is shaping up to be he is going to have to… otherwise we are in for Cobb get force feed the ball.

I’m just looking at this as a numbers game… if they sign MVS, I don’t see many spots open on this roster. And I doubt they draft 2 guys early for one to be on the practice squad.

I know on paper it looks like a sad group… but if they resign MVS, he isn’t getting cut. Lazard does too much to cut. Cobb is Rodgers friend and is only on this team because of that. And although he would be the most cut able of the four… I don’t see them ditching Amari this soon.

That mostly leaves 2 spots… and honestly that 6th spot is likely a late round rookie for teams.

15 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean I don’t disagree… but the issue is you would of love to upgrade the group by replacing MVS, Lazard and Cobb, with the idea of you having Adams.

Without Adams you need guys that know the offense and that Rodgers is comfortable with. My issue and I had a nice back and forth with Leader on this is…. I trust the offense and the scheme. I trust that it can get random players open. I don’t trust Rodgers to throw to those random players.

Now it is shaping up to be he is going to have to… otherwise we are in for Cobb get force feed the ball.

I’m just looking at this as a numbers game… if they sign MVS, I don’t see many spots open on this roster. And I doubt they draft 2 guys early for one to be on the practice squad.

I know on paper it looks like a sad group… but if they resign MVS, he isn’t getting cut. Lazard does too much to cut. Cobb is Rodgers friend and is only on this team because of that. And although he would be the most cut able of the four… I don’t see them ditching Amari this soon.

That mostly leaves 2 spots… and honestly that 6th spot is likely a late round rookie for teams.

This is a reason why I'm shy on bringing MVS back. You're already stuck with two left-overs. On one hand I'd love MVS's speed element for my No. 3 guy but not if that means Lazard being my No. 2 option plus a rookie. That's the tough part for me. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Adam Anderson isn't even a top 5 pass rusher in this class, irregardless of the charges. 

With the charges, he'll go undrafted.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mock Draft on NFL Network.
And GB selects @ 22.......................................

Chris Olave WR

Mock Draft on NFL Network.
And GB selects @ 28............................................

Jahan Dotson WR