2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

My ideal Packer draft would be something like this.

George Karlaftis, Tyler Smith and Perrion Winfrey and two of these WR's with 1 of our round 2nd round picks and our 3rd rounder (George Pickens, Skyy Moore, Alex Pierce or David Bell). 

It might look something like this: Karlaftis, Smith, Pickens, Winfrey, Pierce or Bell. I have a tough time believing Pierce is there when we draft in round 3. Bell is very real possibility. 

I think for this to happen you have to trade #28 and a second to get 2 - 2nds in the 35-45 range. 

Love to get a safety like Daxton Hill or a CB, but you can't draft every position. 

Edited by Old Guy

On 4/12/2022 at 5:26 PM, packfanfb said:

So Sam Howell at 22? 

There a strong likelihood that Gutes packages 2 of their top 4 pick to trade up for what he thinks is a blue chip player. Would not be surprising if it is both 1st rounders that are traded.    

13 minutes ago, R T said:

There a strong likelihood that Gutes packages 2 of their top 4 pick to trade up for what he thinks is a blue chip player. Would not be surprising if it is both 1st rounders that are traded.    

22 and 28 gets you up to 7. Who we thinking there? I haven't looked at any of the top top prospects because we don't have any chance at them slipping

9 minutes ago, smetana34 said:
24 minutes ago, R T said:

22 and 28 gets you up to 7. Who we thinking there? I haven't looked at any of the top top prospects because we don't have any chance at them slipping

I think it would be more like moving up from 22 to get to the mid teens.  maybe ahead of PHI for a WR.  Then down from 28 into the late 30's or early 40's

22 + 53 gets you to 13/14 (HOU/BAL)

down from 28 for a 2 and 3rd (ATL 43 and 74)

21 hours ago, R T said:

Hopefully you understand that means absolutely nothing. What is your definition of a quality TE? Because there is a fair chance only one goes in the first 80 picks.   

RT, this is yesterday's discussion I realize.  But while a poster singular was talking about a TE in round 2, Sandy was talking TE depth for round 4.  Doubt Packers are looking to spend a top-80 pick on TE; but if there is some depth of guys who'd be top-140 worthy, I could imagine them using a 4th round pick on a TE, if there was somebody who looked interesting there.  That Jace failed in the 3rd doesn't mean there couldn't be a 4th who might end up being relatively functional, in due developmental time?  Not really expecting impact studs at the back of round 4; but snagging a functional role guy there be feasible?  

20 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

That's an interesting one. Maybe a guy like Kayvon Thibodeuax (9.67 RAS) or one of Neal/Ekwonu/Cross if they fall?

• Like 1

Just as a dumb fan who likes entertainment, I admit I liked the jet sweep stuff MLF did early on.  The team hasn't had speed for that lately, and MVS while having the speed wasn't really well suited (one of the early times he was given the chance he just stumbled and fell trying to run).  *IF* they did add a guy who had both speed and coordination and some moves, Ii admit I'd kinda like popping that back into the playbook, just because I think it's fun to watch.  

Edited by craig

3 minutes ago, craig said:

RT, this is yesterday's discussion I realize.  But while a poster singular was talking about a TE in round 2, Sandy was talking TE depth for round 4.  Doubt Packers are looking to spend a top-80 pick on TE; but if there is some depth of guys who'd be top-140 worthy, I could imagine them using a 4th round pick on a TE, if there was somebody who looked interesting there.  That Jace failed in the 3rd doesn't mean there couldn't be a 4th who might end up being relatively functional, in due developmental time?  Not really expecting impact studs at the back of round 4; but snagging a functional role guy there be feasible?  

Very true craig, but my response was to the comment that the draft had 'lots of quality TE's' in it. If the definition of quality in this case is 'functional role guy' then I agree, it does. It shouldn't be surprising to see the Packers take a TE as early as their pick at #92 if he is the perfect functional role guy is there for them.    

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think it would be more like moving up from 22 to get to the mid teens.  maybe ahead of PHI for a WR.  Then down from 28 into the late 30's or early 40's

22 + 53 gets you to 13/14 (HOU/BAL)

down from 28 for a 2 and 3rd (ATL 43 and 74)

Should add, I would be pretty surprised if GB moved up for a WR using that much draft capital.  Would more likely be for EDGE/ IDL/ OT.  Premium positions

• Like 1