2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Keep an eye on Bellinger too. Screams Packers. 

TDN's write up......

Daniel Bellinger aligns in-line as a Y and flexed out as an F. He is a sufficient-level athlete with regards to overall speed, quickness, and agility. In the run game, he has moments of being a dominant in-line blocker. He is physically tough, has good length, and does a good job blocking in the run game. He is athletic enough to get to cut-off on the backside and can engage at the second level. In the passing game, he isn't a dynamic threat but has redeeming value in his size, catch radius, and blocking ability. He isn't a great separator as a route-runner but shows good natural hands as a pass-catcher. He has a good catch radius, is a big target when catching seam routes, and will absorb contact. In the NFL, he would be best served in an offense that runs sets with multiple TEs.

Ideal Role: Y in-line TE

Scheme Fit: Any offensive scheme that uses a lot of 12-personnel

Just read that Cameron Thomas didn't end up participating in the SDSU pro day yesterday. Kind of sucks because he's a possible intriguing EDGE target in that 2-3 round range. Has a hammy that must still be lingering. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Just read that Cameron Thomas didn't end up participating in the SDSU pro day yesterday. Kind of sucks because he's a possible intriguing EDGE target in that 2-3 round range. Has a hammy that must still be lingering. 

Has a private Pro Day April 4th.

He'll go rd 1 if he's healthy and tests well.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Awful is exaggerating, he's raw, but movement skills, catch radius and relatively new at the position will get him drafted rd 3-4.

I'd take him over Likely and Wydermeyer. Now Ruckert is hurt. Could be TE3.

He's also not a bad blocker even though he needs work there.  He's more than willing to do the dirty work of an inline blocking TE.  He could be really good after learning from Lewis for a year or two.  Like you said, he's raw as hell but there's a lot of upside.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Awful is exaggerating, he's raw, but movement skills, catch radius and relatively new at the position will get him drafted rd 3-4.

I'd take him over Likely and Wydermeyer. Now Ruckert is hurt. Could be TE3.

I mean, you watch him play and he looks like NOTHING like what he tested.  He literally tested out of this world at he Combine.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

TDN's write up......

Daniel Bellinger aligns in-line as a Y and flexed out as an F. He is a sufficient-level athlete with regards to overall speed, quickness, and agility. In the run game, he has moments of being a dominant in-line blocker. He is physically tough, has good length, and does a good job blocking in the run game. He is athletic enough to get to cut-off on the backside and can engage at the second level. In the passing game, he isn't a dynamic threat but has redeeming value in his size, catch radius, and blocking ability. He isn't a great separator as a route-runner but shows good natural hands as a pass-catcher. He has a good catch radius, is a big target when catching seam routes, and will absorb contact. In the NFL, he would be best served in an offense that runs sets with multiple TEs.

Ideal Role: Y in-line TE

Scheme Fit: Any offensive scheme that uses a lot of 12-personnel

Very good blocker and lit up the combine with a 9.69 overall RAS. 

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

Watch his tape and tell me he is playing at the same that he tested.  He looked like a negative athlete on film.

I see what you're saying.  He looks lumbering, especially early in his route.

Wasn't saying you were wrong btw, just curious what your observations were.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Has a private Pro Day April 4th.

He'll go rd 1 if he's healthy and tests well.

Ahh, I missed that. Think he'll make it into Round 1 still? Has the size for sure and good college production (77 pressures last season per PFF). Has that tweener to him that could be intriguing to GB if we are looking for a Z replacement. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Ahh, I missed that. Think he'll make it into Round 1 still? Has the size for sure and good college production (77 pressures last season per PFF). Has that tweener to him that could be intriguing to GB if we are looking for a Z replacement. 

I've never seen a player that's logged snaps at 0 tech, 3 tech, 5 tech, 7 tech in one season and legitimately made plays at all of them.

Athletically he moves on tape like JJ Watt. If he comes in the 4.7s with a mid 30s jump and low 3 come, I'm rushing up that pick at 28.

• Like 2