2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Don't think the Packers will be into Bell...at all. You can add Ross to that list. Guy is a poor athlete. Also don't see Burks having a 1st round grade from the Packers. I know the guy plays faster on the field, etc., but I don't see the Packers drafting anyone with his 3-cone and overall athletic profile. Gute has a type in the first round and Burks isn't it. 

A guy to watch in the 2nd in Jalen Tolbert. Fits the Packers' WR profile very well. Still think Olave fits there as well. If he was 5 pounds heavier, he's hit every benchmark the Packers typically require in the athletic profile for their WRs. Other guys there would be Watson, Pickens even though their profiles are incomplete due to no 3-cone/other agility drills from the combine. 

Oh yeah I forgot about Tolbert... too many to keep track of lol. He's a group 1 and I'd love to have him too with one of our seconds.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Don't think the Packers will be into Bell...at all. You can add Ross to that list. Guy is a poor athlete. Also don't see Burks having a 1st round grade from the Packers. I know the guy plays faster on the field, etc., but I don't see the Packers drafting anyone with his 3-cone and overall athletic profile. Gute has a type in the first round and Burks isn't it. 

A guy to watch in the 2nd in Jalen Tolbert. Fits the Packers' WR profile very well. Still think Olave fits there as well. If he was 5 pounds heavier, he's hit every benchmark the Packers typically require in the athletic profile for their WRs. Other guys there would be Watson, Pickens even though their profiles are incomplete due to no 3-cone/other agility drills from the combine. 

I still refuse to believe our entire draft board is based off Combine numbers.

Burks torched Bama and Auburn who are #2 and #3 in defensive secondaries in the SEC. The film vs Georgia is just ugly for their OL, they had 8 completions as a starting offense, so the numbers as a whole suck there.

Olave has a vertical that I almost hit as a D3 athlete (30" thank you very much) are we taking him off the board for that?

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Burks torched Bama and Auburn who are #2 and #3 in defensive secondaries in the SEC. The film vs Georgia is just ugly for their OL, they had 8 completions as a starting offense, so the numbers as a whole suck there.

Olave has a vertical that I almost hit as a D3 athlete (30" thank you very much) are we taking him off the board for that?

Woof. Olaves very was 30"??? Yeah, he'd be off my board. Well effectively, anyway. Guessing he'd get taken higher than I ever would.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Woof. Olaves very was 30"??? Yeah, he'd be off my board. Well effectively, anyway. Guessing he'd get taken higher than I ever would.

32" vert for Olave.

33" vert for Burks, but he's 38 pounds heavier.

Tolbert does fit the Packers profile--although I thought Watson looked like the better WR at the Senior Bowl. At least, he ran better routes and got open more. Tolbert has better ball skills.

6 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

32" vert for Olave.

33" vert for Burks, but he's 38 pounds heavier.

Tolbert does fit the Packers profile--although I thought Watson looked like the better WR at the Senior Bowl. At least, he ran better routes and got open more. Tolbert has better ball skills.

Pickens - 33"

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

A guy to watch in the 2nd in Jalen Tolbert. Fits the Packers' WR profile very well. Still think Olave fits there as well. If he was 5 pounds heavier, he's hit every benchmark the Packers typically require in the athletic profile for their WRs

He (Tolbert) is close to what the Packers want in terms of length and speed. As you say, if he was just a bit heavier (listed at 190 lbs), like say, 205 (that would be great if he had the frame to add weight). Even 200 isn't bad, but his body looks like it will struggle to add good weight, he is pretty ripped as he is. Still wouldn't rule him out though - Packers like length and speed (not blazing but recorded a 4.49) together. He scored an 8.55 RAS, which is pretty solid.

Pickens RAS is 8.41, again solid. The only thing that concerns me about him, is the injury history (that includes an ACL).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean I know the Packers don't use RAS in the war room but you can't ignore that Gute's first round picks, including even Love, have been extremely high RAS guys. Lowest was Savage who was 8.35. Everyone else was over 9.

Olave is 8.61. That's probably borderline.

Burks is 5.7.

Just don't see how you get there with Burks despite what we may think of him as a player on the field. 

14 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Pickens RAS is 8.41, again solid. The only thing that concerns me about him, is the injury history (that includes an ACL).

What's his injury history other than the ACL? Is he an "oft injured / cant say on the field" player?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

What's his injury history other than the ACL? Is he an "oft injured / cant say on the field" player?

Not really an answer, but:

This might be the one area that NFL scouts and front office personnel will criticize the most. Not only did George Pickens miss most of the 2021 season with an ACL tear, but he also missed several games in 2020. With that being said, Pickens was able to return from the knee injury extremely quickly.

If there is an upside for George Pickens, it’s that he’ll be a full participant in the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine. As a result, he’ll have the opportunity to show teams that the knee injury does not impact his athleticism or agility. However, teams will get a full medical evaluation on Pickens, so there is potential for concern.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Not really an answer, but:

This might be the one area that NFL scouts and front office personnel will criticize the most. Not only did George Pickens miss most of the 2021 season with an ACL tear, but he also missed several games in 2020. With that being said, Pickens was able to return from the knee injury extremely quickly.

If there is an upside for George Pickens, it’s that he’ll be a full participant in the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine. As a result, he’ll have the opportunity to show teams that the knee injury does not impact his athleticism or agility. However, teams will get a full medical evaluation on Pickens, so there is potential for concern.

Hmmmm.....info I did not have. Thanks for that. Any clue what the 2020 issue was?

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I know the Packers don't use RAS in the war room but you can't ignore that Gute's first round picks, including even Love, have been extremely high RAS guys. Lowest was Savage who was 8.35. Everyone else was over 9.

Olave is 8.61. That's probably borderline.

Burks is 5.7.

Just don't see how you get there with Burks despite what we may think of him as a player on the field. 

You don't know whether or not they use RAS in the war room :)

Just now, incognito_man said:

You don't know whether or not they use RAS in the war room :)

Ha, maybe they do who knows. I think there have been questions asked about it before, even to Gute, but not sure. Either way, I'm sure they are using metrics that are similar because there's an obvious trend there.