2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

Denver, Atlanta, New Orleans have interviewed M.Willis. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh mentioned as teams that are interested in him. I guess you can also say Carolina might be in the mix even though they traded for Arnold. 
It will be interesting to see what happens in the game tomorrow. I wonder if we’re willing to trade up for him, I guess time will tell. 
I read we were one of 16 teams who interviewed Carson Strong. I really don’t want to go down that road drafting someone in the first round who in the past had a significant knee injury. 
IMO Without even seeing the SB or what happens in the game, if we want Willis I think we will have to trade up for him. I doubt the Giants at 5 would help us so going to 4 which is the Jets pick to trade up. What would it cost us to go from 11 to 4? It might take next years 2nd rd pick. Who knows if RR and Co even like him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taylor made said:

Malik's stock rising only helps this team. There's two teams that need QB before us (Carolina & Denver) and that just means we'll land whoever is left out of Kenny Pickett, Matt Coral & Malik Willis. Sounds like a plan to me. 

bored whats up GIF by Paramount Network

I love it when a plan comes together! 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Denver, Atlanta, New Orleans have interviewed M.Willis. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh mentioned as teams that are interested in him. I guess you can also say Carolina might be in the mix even though they traded for Arnold. 
It will be interesting to see what happens in the game tomorrow. I wonder if we’re willing to trade up for him, I guess time will tell. 

I read we were one of 16 teams who interviewed Carson Strong. I really don’t want to go down that road drafting someone in the first round who in the past had a significant knee injury. 

IMO Without even seeing the SB or what happens in the game, if we want Willis I think we will have to trade up for him. I doubt the Giants at 5 would help us so going to 4 which is the Jets pick to trade up. What would it cost us to go from 11 to 4? It might take next years 2nd rd pick. Who knows if RR and Co even like him. 

I would assume those who interviewed Strong weren’t considering him in round 1 given his knee issues.

IMO there’s no QB worth trading up for in this draft - unlike last year when Rivera wouldn’t do it - I’d stay at 11 and take which Qb we like the best out of Pickett, Willis, Corral or Howell.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would assume those who interviewed Strong weren’t considering him in round 1 given his knee issues.

IMO there’s no QB worth trading up for in this draft - unlike last year when Rivera wouldn’t do it - I’d stay at 11 and take which Qb we like the best out of Pickett, Willis, Corral or Howell.

It all depends on who they like. When it comes to drafting a QB who you hope is the future you take what other teams passed on. I guess if they’re all equal I guess that’s not a bad plan but they’re not all equal. Especially when it comes to a QB. 

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It all depends on who they like. When it comes to drafting a QB who you hope is the future you take what other teams passed on. I guess if they’re all equal I guess that’s not a bad plan but they’re not all equal. Especially when it comes to a QB. 

Yeah I hear ya, I see them all as equal except for Willis & Strong. Those two are wildcards for different reasons:

1. Willis biggest boom or bust guy

2. Strong, great arm but knee issues could have him fall several rounds especially if it’s chronic as it is rumored to be.

50 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, there is no way I trade up. Like another poster said - Willis, Pickett, Corral, one of them will be there at 11. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taylor made said:

Malik's stock rising only helps this team. There's two teams that need QB before us (Carolina & Denver) and that just means we'll land whoever is left out of Kenny Pickett, Matt Coral & Malik Willis. Sounds like a plan to me. 

I guess that’s a good plan if you believe all the QBs are equal or you have them all rated the same. To me if we’re all in on picking a QB you don’t pick what’s left unless it’s true what I stated. It all depends what RR and staff want and who they like most. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I 100% agree but Strong’s knee is a major issue. 

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/the-doctor-is-in-what-to-make-of-carson-strongs-knee-issue/

“Based on a Senior Bowl Press Conference, Carson answered a question about his knee:

It’s not a meniscus tear. It’s called osteochondritis dessicans. It’s a weird thing, you know, it has to do with just cartilage and it’s called a lesion. Basically, part of your cartilage just starts to detach from the bone. So the first surgery (he had), they put those pins in there to reattach it to my bone. This second surgery they just took that out and put in new stuff so, you know, I’m feeling great. Yesterday I moved fluidly, no knee brace. I’m rolling out to the right and my left and I have no problem.”

So I read as I think @ripsean21 eluded to earlier in the season that Carson shouldn’t have even played at the beginning of the season because he wasn’t close to 100%. Carson said there was no way he was going to miss games and not be out there to help his team win. So it seems to me that when he got healthier as the season went on his mobility improved and then he had this second surgery and now he’s pretty close to 100%, I guess we’ll see what he does.

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Malik is going to be that dude!!

I wonder if Houston takes him even though Davis Mills showed a lot as a rookie. I think Mills’s ceiling is a Kirk Cousins type QB - so top 15 QB - but Willis has a higher ceiling so they may want to take him.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I wonder if Houston takes him even though Davis Mills showed a lot as a rookie. I think Mills’s ceiling is a Kirk Cousins type QB - so top 15 QB - but Willis has a higher ceiling so they may want to take him.

I like Mills. Wanted him last draft in second round but wasn't upset that we took Cosmi instead.

I think he has a stronger arm and is more athletic than Cousins.

I would not be upset trading for him. He i smore ready now than Willis and will probably make a nice leap in year 2 imo.

Now I say all of this as the guy who wanted A Rodgers instead of Carlos Rogers, Loved Herbert, and the guy who was shocked Josh Allen didn't go #1, but also as the guy who thought Joey Herrington was a can't miss franchise QB. So, take it for what it is worth $.02