2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We could draft him to be a back up linebacker. The Kam Chancellor/Landon Collins type of SS is a dying breed, those type of safeties are being transitioned to WLB over the last 5 years or so.

Their a dying breed because your not seeing a player who has elite level traits yet. Jeremy Chinn did his thing as a rookie. The insticts will always show up. But if you get a player that can be more then just a sure tackler and also cover but just is a dominant force throughout the game hitting backs a WR’s those guys can get in your head. The thing with the hybrid is they have to jump off the screen every game in different ways for their impact to be justified with a selection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Their a dying breed because your not seeing a player who has elite level traits yet. Jeremy Chinn did his thing as a rookie. The insticts will always show up. But if you get a player that can be more then just a sure tackler and also cover but just is a dominant force throughout the game hitting backs a WR’s those guys can get in your head. The thing with the hybrid is they have to jump off the screen every game in different ways for their impact to be justified with a selection. 

Divine Deablo did it well for the Raiders this very season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That black helmet with the W on the front is the single dumbest thing I’ve seen in this whole reveal. It’s genuinely horrible. They went from having one of the nicest uniforms in the league to just looking ridiculous. So bad. 

Agree ! as bad as the name is , the unis, logo, helmet, "W" are all worse! Oh yeah, and the Crest are whatever the Hell it is .! ( with the wrong SuperBowl dates ! )

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Out of the 6 picks we have in the draft, I would like to come out of it with:

QB, LB, DB, OL, RB, BPA (DL/TE/WR) of course depending on free agency

I hope the BPA slot happens to be a TE, because I want to add one here as well.

I would rather grab a late round DL than a late round WR. We don't need any more WR 4-6. We got plenty of those. So unless they take WR in round 2, or a real sleeper in round 3 I would pass and ride with what we got. Maybe add a body or 2 in UDFA or FA.

26 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I hope the BPA slot happens to be a TE, because I want to add one here as well.

I would rather grab a late round DL than a late round WR. We don't need any more WR 4-6. We got plenty of those. So unless they take WR in round 2, or a real sleeper in round 3 I would pass and ride with what we got. Maybe add a body or 2 in UDFA or FA.

I just hope we get the best players possible with each pick!! I kinda hope Willis is there guy I kept telling my roommate Willis could blow up this week with talent around him and he has. I’d be interested to see what he could become I’d love to be a fan of that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just hope we get the best players possible with each pick!! I kinda hope Willis is there guy I kept telling my roommate Willis could blow up this week with talent around him and he has. I’d be interested to see what he could become I’d love to be a fan of that

Nobody has Willis in the top 1/2 of the draft and after hearing/reading from more than 1 source I’m wondering if he blows up tomorrow will someone like the Steelers jump ahead of us. 

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This fanbase is not patient enough for a kid like Willis to develop. Turner will have to work with him to get him seeing more of the field and its going to come with lumps. This is the same fanbase that thinks a guy who won rookie of the year is a bust.

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nobody has Willis in the top 1/2 of the draft and after hearing/reading from more than 1 source I’m wondering if he blows up tomorrow will someone like the Steelers jump ahead of us. 

Look at all of the mock drafts that came out today. Willis is going in the top 10. Come draft day he might be a top 5 pick. Its best for him not to end up here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This fanbase is not patient enough for a kid like Willis to develop. Turner will have to work with him to get him seeing more of the field and its going to come with lumps. This is the same fanbase that thinks a guy who won rookie of the year is a bust.

We are no different than any other fan base in that regard. NE wouldn't have been patient with Brady if he came out and stunk, throwing 3 picks a game etc.

Guys that come out and play decent (Burrows, Wilson, Herbert), if not great, get more rope (patience) than guys who come out and look like crap.

Edited by MacDog

51 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Look at all of the mock drafts that came out today. Willis is going in the top 10. Come draft day he might be a top 5 pick. Its best for him not to end up here. 

I understand what’s always happened but if there’s a guy I’d select it’s him. I think we’re going the vet route idky but if I was running the team I’d put my job on the line for him. I have had issues with the coaching and honestly the level of players around him. This year teams were really going full out to focus on Willis. I just think he’d have plenty around him here to grow. The staff we have uhhhh idk. But that is who we have so I’d take my shot and hope this staff can really put the scheme to allow him to grow while still doing what he does great already.

• Like 1