2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

56 minutes ago, e16bball said:

We all keep saying obviously Sam Howell won’t be able to run like he did this season once he gets to the pros. And obviously he’s probably not going to run for 1000+ yards (his 17 game pace from this season), but…

Go watch Josh Allen at Wyoming. Then watch Sam Howell. Specifically the running aspect of each of their game. If Josh Allen can run (very) effectively in the NFL, is it outside the realm of possibility that Sam Howell can too? 

Sam Howell is the one I want in this draft. I could be wrong but do think Josh Allen is just faster and his long strides just make a world of difference. 

• Like 2

Sam Howell is gonna have to put up better numbers than he did coming into college for me to be fully onboard:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/229226/sam-howell

Howell has good bulk which I like but he looks like a 4.8 forty guy. He's not outrunning anyone, he just tries to run through them. I've yet to really see anyone run like that and translate that to the NFL. 

29 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Sam Howell is gonna have to put up better numbers than he did coming into college for me to be fully onboard:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/229226/sam-howell

Howell has good bulk which I like but he looks like a 4.8 forty guy. He's not outrunning anyone, he just tries to run through them. I've yet to really see anyone run like that and translate that to the NFL. 

I don’t give a crap at all what a QB runs in a 40. He’s not going to be a running QB, but I think he has decent athleticism & he’s strong. He’ll be able to pick up some yards when the opportunity presents itself, he’s obviously not a statue.

For comparison sake, Baker Mayfield was a 4.84 guy at his combine.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t give a crap at all what a QB runs in a 40. He’s not going to be a running QB, but I think he has decent athleticism & he’s strong. He’ll be able to pick up some yards when the opportunity presents itself, he’s obviously not a statue.

Forty by itself doesn't mean much, but his total athleticism scores do matter if he wants to be in consideration for pick #11. You don't pick an undersized QB that runs a 5.0 forty with a 25 inch vertical jump with pick #11. I have concerns about his athleticism but I guess that is why we have the combine.

10 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Forty by itself doesn't mean much, but his total athleticism scores do matter if he wants to be in consideration for pick #11. You don't pick an undersized QB that runs a 5.0 forty with a 25 inch vertical jump with pick #11. I have concerns about his athleticism but I guess that is why we have the combine.

Yeah, I think the combine will give more clarity. Can't believe he is as unathletic as you are making him out to be, based on things I saw him doing in college.

23 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don’t necessarily agree with that. I mean, we drafted pretty much all top tier SPARQ athletes last year didn’t we? I wouldn’t say it turned out very well. I’m also not saying you’re wrong in your assessment I’m just saying I don’t think a QB being a top level athlete matters much in the outcome of his productivity. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Yeah, I think the combine will give more clarity. Can't believe he is as unathletic as you are making him out to be, based on things I saw him doing in college.

There’s some good runs in this highlight and there’s no way he’s a 4.8 guy. I mean, he might run that but he certainly moves and looked faster then that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with that. I mean, we drafted pretty much all top tier SPARQ athletes last year didn’t we? I wouldn’t say it turned out very well. I’m also not saying you’re wrong in your assessment I’m just saying I don’t think a QB being a top level athlete matters much in the outcome of his productivity. 

Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, DeShaun Watson, Russell Wilson all top level athletes.

But sure, let's keep taking crap-tacular athletes like Dwayne Haskins and think they'll be good. 

Just now, taylor made said:

Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, DeShaun Watson, Russell Wilson all top level athletes.

But sure, let's keep taking crap-tacular athletes like Dwayne Haskins and think they'll be good. 

Sam Howell is a way better runner than Haskins. That’s a silly comparison. I mean, are we going to sit here and say Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were top level athletes? Drew Brees ran a 4.85 40 at the combine. Derek Carr ran a 4.7 40 and Mahomes ran a 4.8 40. Plenty of great QBs and all-time great QBs were okay athletes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I really don't think you are helping your case with all of this hyperbole. You have him going from 4.8, then 5.0 and now a "crap-tacular athlete". 

I don't think any of those are true or pass the basic eye test when watching him play. But I agree that the combine will provide more clarity on the matter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s some good runs in this highlight and there’s no way he’s a 4.8 guy. I mean, he might run that but he certainly moves and looked faster then that. 

So unathletic and slow. /sarcasm

Thanks for posting it!

9 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I really don't think you are helping your case with all of this hyperbole. You have him going from 4.8, then 5.0 and now a "crap-tacular athlete". 

I don't think any of those are true or pass the basic eye test when watching him play. But I agree that the combine will provide more clarity on the matter.

I'm just posting what he tested at. Can he improved on those? Sure, but not by much. You can look at the tape and be biased all you want. 

11 hours ago, taylor made said:

See if you can guess which future HOF QB put these #s up at the combine:

40yd = 5.28s   (16th of 17 QBs)

Vertical Leap = 24.5in   (12th of 12)

Broad Jump = 99in    (12th of 15)

3 Cone = 7.2s      (4th of 11)

Shuttle = 4.3s     (6th of 11)

Concerns about athleticism are valid. But let's not lose sight of the more important factors that go into being a successful QB

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

See if you can guess which future HOF QB put these #s up at the combine:

40yd = 5.28s   (16th of 17 QBs)

Vertical Leap = 24.5in   (12th of 12)

Broad Jump = 99in    (12th of 15)

3 Cone = 7.2s      (4th of 11)

Shuttle = 4.3s     (6th of 11)

Concerns about athleticism are valid. But let's not lose sight of the more important factors that go into being a successful QB

The GOAT. Mr Brady