2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

On 2/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, MikeT14 said:

quarterbacks-with-the-most-impressive-ha

😂 This hand talk just cracks me up, all the time. I get it’s important but it’s weird when grown men focus on it as much as they do. Hopefully Pickett throws well with an NFL ball when the time comes and that can put a little of this nonsense to rest. 

I mean Desmond Ridder has 10’’ hands, but as long as Pickett proves he can throw an NFL football as well as he did a college football the last 3 years, then I’m not taking Ridder over the top QB prospect in this draft, Kenny Pickett. 

On 2/1/2022 at 7:58 AM, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand the Mariota obsession? Not from you but this teams fans. For some reason the ones on twitter consistently say Mariota. I mean, I’d be fine with signing him but my guess is Heineke is our week one starter with Willis and Allen behind him. I do, fully believe, Malik Willis will be the pick at 11. 

I don’t know why people love Mariota, I don’t and never have even when he was coming out in the draft. I didn’t think he was a good enough pocket passer to go top 5. I also didn’t like Jameis Winston in that draft bc of his immaturity and turnover issues which have continued in the pros.

The reason I think Mariota is actually the front runner as a FA QB we’d sign is bc Washington tried to trade for him last year when he was Derek Carr’s back up but the Raiders wanted too much in a trade for him.

Now he’s a free agent though so I’ll be shocked if we don’t sign him to compete w/ Heinicke, Kyle Allen (if he’s given a RFA tender) and hoped a 1st round QB draft pick.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

😂 This hand talk just cracks me up, all the time. I get it’s important but it’s weird when grown men focus on it as much as they do. Hopefully Pickett throws well with an NFL ball when the time comes and that can put a little of this nonsense to rest. 

I mean Desmond Ridder has 10’’ hands, but as long as Pickett proves he can throw an NFL football as well as he did a college football the last 3 years, then I’m not taking Ridder over the top QB prospect in this draft, Kenny Pickett. 

I take the hand thing rather seriously, because as I have mentioned before - I have 9 1/2 hands (not large, but not tiny either, nearly a full inch larger than Kenny has, and I had to throw an over inflated football one time and it was horribly frustrating, and I had to change everything about my grip and motion to now throw it much more poorly. So, I extrapolate that out to Kenny and his smaller hands now throwing a larger football.

But bottom line is you can watch him do it and determine if it is a problem, so fretting about it doesn't do any good until then.

1 minute ago, MacDog said:

I take the hand thing rather seriously, because as I have mentioned before - I have 9 1/2 hands (not large, but not tiny either, nearly a full inch larger than Kenny has, and I had to throw an over inflated football one time and it was horribly frustrating, and I had to change everything about my grip and motion to now throw it much more poorly. So, I extrapolate that out to Kenny and his smaller hands now throwing a larger football.

But bottom line is you can watch him do it and determine if it is a problem, so fretting about it doesn't do any good until then.

Secondary part of it is the length of the fingers. I believe longer fingers can overcompensate some of the "small hands" issues. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Secondary part of it is the length of the fingers. I believe longer fingers can overcompensate some of the "small hands" issues. 

Oh definitely, it all is about being able to get your fingers around the ball for a good grip. The hand measurement is an indicator how much spread you can get from thumb to pinkie, and length of fingers effect that, so it is baked into the test so to speak.

I am not as big of a believer in the "fumble" theory part of it, but I do believe it effect your ability to really throw and spin a football properly, without having to try to push it more to keep the ball from flying out before it should.

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude 29 from GT at this Shrine bowl I’m in love with!!! This guy is a tank he can cover and he is a straight missle and enforcer he is a pure Bam Kam type but a even better athlete this guy is what this roster needs!!! He will be a fan favorite!!!

Also a great tackler. Text book. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude 29 from GT at this Shrine bowl I’m in love with!!! This guy is a tank he can cover and he is a straight missle and enforcer he is a pure Bam Kam type but a even better athlete this guy is what this roster needs!!! He will be a fan favorite!!!

We could draft him to be a back up linebacker. The Kam Chancellor/Landon Collins type of SS is a dying breed, those type of safeties are being transitioned to WLB over the last 5 years or so.