2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

This is where I’ve had him mocked since the day they signed Wink to be their DC. 

I agree, he won’t be there. The more likely CB conundrum is what the hell to do with Derek Stingley if/when he is there. 

I think you take him. I really want Chris Olave but Stingley falling is going to be just like Derwin James. 

Georgia Pro Day tomorrow means we’ll finally get a look at Nakobe Dean’s athletic testing numbers. 

Based on what I see watching him, I’m expecting they’ll be a little underwhelming, although I would imagine he may jump well. He has a quick trigger on the snap, and he’s pretty explosive as a blitzer in particular. I think it looks like he’s maybe a half-step slower than I’d like, but it will be interesting to see how that plays out on the testing surfaces. 

• Like 1

Just a plug for this scouting channel that started up this year. If you don't have a lot of time to look at prospects, it's a quick overview. I also know there are some Troy Andersen fans on this forum. This is my first exposure of him. The guy giving the overview is pretty much glowing about him. The other videos are great too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, taylor made said:

Just a plug for this scouting channel that started up this year. If you don't have a lot of time to look at prospects, it's a quick overview. I also know there are some Troy Andersen fans on this forum. This is my first exposure of him. The guy giving the overview is pretty much glowing about him. The other videos are great too. 

Yup. I've been on this guy since earlier this year when I realized it was his last year at MSU. Hoping somehow we get him because he is a playmaker at MLB (and can also play a bit at RB and QB). He's a little raw, but he has a pretty good ceiling.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Talk to me about this guy.

Tiny guy. He’s not just short, but his frame is very slight and narrow. That’s a big concern, because it just feels like at some point he’s going to get sawed in half by some kind of big hitter. 

That said, he does a lot of things I like. His releases are largely based on his quickness, which is relatively extraordinary. He stacks well, which is important for a little guy, because he needs there to be vertical separation due to his inability to go up and make contested catches. He separates quickly because his routes have good stems and his releases tend to give him a lot of leverage — although he does have to take the wide route to avoid press, he’s so quick that it doesn’t cost him that much time.

The guy who does the comps for NFL.com says Isaiah McKenzie. I could see that, to some degree. I think he’s a better route runner than McKenzie though, and better than similar concept players like Tavon Austin. I think he’s better than Tutu Atwell, who went pretty high last year but didn’t do much. You want to go to Tyreek Hill, but there’s really only one of those. Maybe Mecole Hardman? His upside would probably someone like Tyler Lockett or Santana Moss, with less contested catch ability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Tiny guy. He’s not just short, but his frame is very slight and narrow. That’s a big concern, because it just feels like at some point he’s going to get sawed in half by some kind of big hitter. 

That said, he does a lot of things I like. His releases are largely based on his quickness, which is relatively extraordinary. He stacks well, which is important for a little guy, because he needs there to be vertical separation due to his inability to go up and make contested catches. He separates quickly because his routes have good stems and his releases tend to give him a lot of leverage — although he does have to take the wide route to avoid press, he’s so quick that it doesn’t cost him that much time.

The guy who does the comps for NFL.com says Isaiah McKenzie. I could see that, to some degree. I think he’s a better route runner than McKenzie though, and better than similar concept players like Tavon Austin. I think he’s better than Tutu Atwell, who went pretty high last year but didn’t do much. You want to go to Tyreek Hill, but there’s really only one of those. Maybe Mecole Hardman? His upside would probably someone like Tyler Lockett or Santana Moss, with less contested catch ability. 

Thank you! Yeah, just from what I saw, the only thing that scares me about him is his size.

Very disappointing to me. 

Word is that he is still having issues with a pec injury and is “hoping” to run in mid-April. 

He’s feeling less and less desirable to me even if we moved down to, say, pick 20. It’s not that I’m that preoccupied with the actual times and numbers — just from watching him, it’s fairly clear that he’s not going to blow up the athletic testing. But the fact that he’s still not doing any drills makes me wonder if his performance would be really bad…because I’m not sure why he wouldn’t at least give them a go, especially when he’s got the built-in explanation/excuse of a lingering injury he’s working through.

• Like 1

With all these QB trades and potentially more it’s funny that we could of potentially had our pick of the top rookie QB if we didn’t trade for Wentz.

I hear Seattle is interested in Baker if the browns trade him

deshaun IMO is picking between ATL and Carolina which takes one of them out of the equation.

I'm still a firm believer if we stick at 11 you take best player left which will most likely be a CB in Stingley or Sauce,or maybe Hamiltion but think he'll for sure be gone by then.

At WR I would love to trade back from 11 and pick Christian Watson late in the 1st as I think he's the best compliment to Terry and Wentz.I don't think he's the best WR in the draft but I think he's the best fit for this team.His abilty to take the top off the defense with pure speed and his ability to turn a short route into a big play after the the catch with his vision both would be really valuable on the other side of Terry.

PS:I worry Ron doesn't see wr as a big need as most of time teams carry 6 and with resigning Cam for 3 mil we have 6 I think they like enough to make the roster

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm still a firm believer if we stick at 11 you take best player left which will most likely be a CB in Stingley or Sauce,or maybe Hamiltion but think he'll for sure be gone by then.

At WR I would love to trade back from 11 and pick Christian Watson late in the 1st as I think he's the best compliment to Terry and Wentz.I don't think he's the best WR in the draft but I think he's the best fit for this team.His abilty to take the top off the defense with pure speed and his ability to turn a short route into a big play after the the catch with his vision both would be really valuable on the other side of Terry.

PS:I worry Ron doesn't see wr as a big need as most of time teams carry 6 and with resigning Cam for 3 mil we have 6 I think they like enough to make the roster

I don’t think the 6 we have right now all make the team tho, I mean we technically have AGG and Harmon back on the roster.

the way I see it Terry, Curtis, Dyami, and Cam are the only for sure guys on the team. 

remember carter and hunphries are FAs