2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I REALLY appreciate the effort you go into to look at these guys

It’s just a passion for me honestly. I have a pretty good job that allows me to pay for all these things. So I’ve been blessed. It’s just grown into something a lot more then I ever predicted but it’s fun and I enjoy discussing guys

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Seeing Sam Howell week 1 vs VT. That’s the first stop on the tour.

If you had to guess, who’s going to have the #1 pick? I’m going to say the Jets or Bengals. Not only do I question that Joe Burrow will be healthy week 1, but I don’t think he’s going to be comfortable in the pocket for at least a month, if not two. The Jets are young and inexperienced, they have some talent now but there will be a lot of growing pains and they have a first time HC. 

I wonder if we can make a trade up like the 49ers next year to go get Howell.

Edited by turtle28

57 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Just so you guys know me and my roommate are actually planning to go see Willis 3 times this year in person. So hopefully while we’re there we can get a good feel from people plus laying eyes on a guy in person just helps so much. I know E brought him up and I planned on doing a piece on him before the season because he’s a guy we wanted to lay eyes on so we already planned this for us and the pod. Hopefully this guy shines this year because last year I just kept telling my roommate this is a guy we have to lay eyes on so we picked 3 games to go see that are going to be a cool experience. We plan on seeing Ridder, Willis, DJ from Clemson and we’re going to fly out west to catch Ridder live. I’m super excited for this season

That’s awesome, man. Going to the draft back in 2005 was a cool experience, but I was still just scouting from the comfort of my own home. Checking these guys out live will be a blast, and a memory to hang onto forever!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If you had to guess, who’s going to have the #1 pick? I’m going to say the Jets or Bengals. Not only do I question that Joe Burrow will be healthy week 1, but I don’t think he’s going to be comfortable in the pocket for at least a month, if not two. The Jets are young and inexperienced, they have some talent now but there will be a lot of growing pains and they have a first time HC. 

I wonder if we can make a trade up like the 49ers next year to go get Howell.

I think we could. I’m going to probably do the most work on Howell atleast going in unless he just turns out such bad tape early he plummets. I want to see him live week one I want to get a feel for the ball jumping out of his hand. Also I need to see what he does with all his producers entering the draft. If Howell balls out this season he has the best chance to earn that number 1 even though I think Rattler has the flashier talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

That’s awesome, man. Going to the draft back in 2005 was a cool experience, but I was still just scouting from the comfort of my own home. Checking these guys out live will be a blast, and a memory to hang onto forever!

Yeah I promised myself when I finished school i was gonna do this. Luckily my bud is just as into scouting so we’re gonna make a tour out of it

• Like 2

Houston’s gotta be the favorite for the #1 pick, don’t you think? 

They were picking 3rd with Deshaun Watson. Without him, it’s really gonna be a bloodbath, I think. They didn’t add much to help immediately in the draft, and I’m a little skeptical of the new coaching staff. I think 0-2 wins is pretty possible there.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They were picking 3rd with Deshaun Watson. Without him, it’s really gonna be a bloodbath, I think. They didn’t add much to help immediately in the draft, and I’m a little skeptical of the new coaching staff. I think 0-2 wins is pretty possible there.

Yup. I just had this discussion with my buddy. Houston is the favorite to go 1-16 next year

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, e16bball said:

True, I guess it depends on what happens with Watson 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we could. I’m going to probably do the most work on Howell atleast going in unless he just turns out such bad tape early he plummets. I want to see him live week one I want to get a feel for the ball jumping out of his hand. Also I need to see what he does with all his producers entering the draft. If Howell balls out this season he has the best chance to earn that number 1 even though I think Rattler has the flashier talent.

Howell reminds me Baker. Not quite as athletic. I’m kind of worried he won’t have the same year as he just had though bc he’s losing his top 2 RBs & his top WR.

Love that JT is sticking with the momentum from the draft and starting to churn out some content on next year’s interesting college QBs. My guy (I’m using that term loosely, I just find him fun) Malik Willis, you VA Tech guys may remember this game:

The upshot, for those who don’t want to use their lunch-time break to watch a half hour breakdown of a small school QB when there are approximately 358 days until next year’s draft, is that it’s a roller coaster with this guy. When it’s good, it’s Lamar Jackson good. When it’s bad...it’s Lamar Jackson bad. 

He’s an extraordinary athlete playing the QB position. He’s not really advanced (or even passable, a lot of the time) in the stuff that makes a QB successful in the pocket. His footwork is scattershot at best, he’s erratic throwing it as a result, and he doesn’t have a great sense of timing or the instincts of a pocket passer. 

But when it comes together for him, as it does sometimes, holy smokes. Elite elite arm, elite elite runner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Love that JT is sticking with the momentum from the draft and starting to churn out some content on next year’s interesting college QBs. My guy (I’m using that term loosely, I just find him fun) Malik Willis, you VA Tech guys may remember this game:

The upshot, for those who don’t want to use their lunch-time break to watch a half hour breakdown of a small school QB when there are approximately 358 days until next year’s draft, is that it’s a roller coaster with this guy. When it’s good, it’s Lamar Jackson good. When it’s bad...it’s Lamar Jackson bad. 

He’s an extraordinary athlete playing the QB position. He’s not really advanced (or even passable, a lot of the time) in the stuff that makes a QB successful in the pocket. His footwork is scattershot at best, he’s erratic throwing it as a result, and he doesn’t have a great sense of timing or the instincts of a pocket passer. 

But when it comes together for him, as it does sometimes, holy smokes. Elite elite arm, elite elite runner. 

It's even worse because his recruiting decision was down to Auburn and VT, and he chose Auburn then hit that road block. He very well would probably be the starter at VT right now as well. 

55 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m excited for the Ole Miss game this year. The other two games of his I’m going too he should look like madden easy mode. But we’re going to see him against the SEC team live so I’ll record to break him down when I get back but I want to see him live against their speed. But exactly when he’s on it’s amazing. I’m looking for him to clean some things up and hopefully Liberty puts alittle more on him as a passer this season so I can get a confident grade on this guy. I have a feeling this thread is going to be littered with Willis all year.