World Series: Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers GDT

lumberjackchris

26 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

Dodgers in 7. The x-factor is Ken Giles. If he transforms into 2017 regular season Ken Giles, then the Astros have a great chance to win this series. If not, he'll blow a game late, possibly even squandering an outing by Keuchel or Verlander.

Same could be said for Devenski

Besides Puig, are the Dodgers the most likeable big market club in the past 15-20 years? Kershaw, Darvish, Seager, Bellinger, Jansen, and Turner on the roster, and a great analytical front office headed by guys like Friedman, Anthopoulos, and the great Gabe Kapler. 

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

Besides Puig, are the Dodgers the most likeable big market club in the past 15-20 years? Kershaw, Darvish, Seager, Bellinger, Jansen, and Turner on the roster, and a great analytical front office headed by guys like Friedman, Anthopoulos, and the great Gabe Kapler. 

The most likeable big market clubs are the two teams that are standing. I don't hate the Dodgers.  If they weren't playing the Astros in the WS I would be rooting for them to win.

8 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Dodgers in 6.  I just can't trust the Houston pen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the pen effectively banished from the plan.  Have Peacock and McHugh bridge any middle inning troubles and then go straight to Giles (who hasn't looked good in the playoffs either).    It's up to Keuchel and Verlander to go deep in their starts to help preserve this plan.

4 hours ago, CAS22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the pen effectively banished from the plan.  Have Peacock and McHugh bridge any middle inning troubles and then go straight to Giles (who hasn't looked good in the playoffs either).    It's up to Keuchel and Verlander to go deep in their starts to help preserve this plan.

Eh, I doubt we'll go this extreme. I think Harris will be used too, he warmed up like 5 times in games 6/7 showing that Hinch is still ready to go with him. You may be right otherwise though, I don't think we'll use Devo at this point as he's just completely lost his command. *Maybe* Musgrove.

16 minutes ago, NewAge said:

You're basing this off literally an eight batter sample size. 

All that's left is small sample sizes. I don't think he can't command a baseball anymore and sucks now or anything, but he just doesn't look like he has it right now and there's only 4-7 games left to get it back. Believe me, I hope he does as it'll be huge for us, but it just didn't look like he has his normal command right now. Not having command for an eight batter sample size would be disastrous in the World Series.

I did just watch Hinch's press conference though and it seems like we'll use our BP as normal (Devo/Musgrove/Harris/Peacock/McHugh/Giles), until/unless they give him a reason not to so he'll have his chance.

Archived