World Series: Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers GDT

lumberjackchris

Hot air took that Turner routine fly ball out of here (10% of the time is that exit veto + launch angle a HR).  Only real mistake for Keuchel was the first pitch of the game.

As for the bats, man Springer and Marwin look terrible (Springer especially).  He is so out of sorts right now, has been since Game 1 of the ALCS.

14 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Only if he pitches in relief in game 7.

Roberts has already said he isn't going on short rest so he isn't pitching game 4 he'll pitch game 5.

Then I really don't get pulling him at 83 pitches. Save Morrow for tomorrow and see if you can get an extra inning out of him.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Then I really don't get pulling him at 83 pitches. Save Morrow for tomorrow and see if you can get an extra inning out of him.

To be fair in Kershaw's post seasn career as much as we talk about him not pitching well he has generally done really well through 6 and then imploded in the 7th. So I get from that perspective maybe just saying you know what, let's not push it. We already got an extra inning. I know he is one of the best ever, but at some point you have to look at history. And in there wasn't any indication of slowing down in those other games either until it happened.

I also don't think pitching Morrow yesterday for 1 inning means he can't pitch today especially with the off day tomorrow.

Trust in the bullpen! Kershaw didn't go high on the pitch count so that if he needs to he's more rested to go deeper game 5. Or he'll go lower pitch count again there and be available out of the pen for game 7. Either way the Dodgers have a great pen so use it. Morrow pitching game 1 doesn't take him out of game 2 or limit him. He's thrown in 8 of the 9 games they've played in the post season he'll probably pitch in 3 or 4 more if needed in the WS. Especially with him only throwing 10 pitches.

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

if we dont win tonight then we are screwed.  i like our chances. 

Eh, I don't think we're screwed until/unless we lose a home game. It would suck and certainly hurt our chances, but if we win all home games then we still have JV in game 6 again and even if we lose game 2 you'd still feel good about your chances with him.

Dodgers are so tough tho that I'd rather not have to win 4 straight lol, so winning tonight would be great. 

Archived