Around the NFL - Off-season and Training Camp

Texas_OutLaw7

The Cowboys’ signing quarterback Dak Prescott to a four-year, $160 million contract as he’s coming off a broken right ankle (four votes)

“Dak stands out because of the legwork that it took to get there and the fact that the Cowboys were willing to give him that without a franchise or transition tag and basically let him hold them hostage four years from now. From a team standpoint, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.”

“His extension getting done was the most significant contract by far. There was so much criticism over the last couple of years. ‘Why isn’t Dak getting this done? Why aren’t the Cowboys getting this deal done?’ So, to see it come together — and the average per year was really impressive as well as the guarantees especially coming off the ankle injury. They are showing the faith and trust they have in him as a player. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.”

“Signing Dak to that money coming off that serious of an injury, and for that short of a duration, that was a surprise, but good for (agents representing other starting quarterbacks).”

The Eagles’ trade of Carson Wentz: “I thought once the Eagles changed coaches, that would be enough to keep Wentz.”

The Giants’ signings, headlined by wide receiver Kenny Golladay. “What the Giants did in totality. They were aggressive and were not afraid to fail to hopefully become a contending team. Most of the GMs are afraid and do what they can do to keep their job rather than go for it. The Giants went for it.”

Best off-season 

Washington (two votes)

“They cleaned themselves up internally. It’s been a crazy atmosphere for a year. Adding (coach) Ron Rivera and (president) Jason Wright last year was huge, and then they continued to make changes for a better work environment.”

• Like 1

Worst off-season  (Dallas got 1)

Eagles (two votes)

“Who could have thought after winning the Super Bowl (in 2018) they would move on from Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz and have one of the worst rosters in football?”

“I would be suspicious of the (Nick Sirianni) coaching hire if a press conference determines his fate. In that market, is he going to be Gase’d? Gase’d is a head coach who is chewed up and spit out by the local media and rabid fan base that desperately demands winning, even though here they just won a Super Bowl three, four years ago.”

9. Among GMs or front-office leaders, whom do you trust the least?

Eagles GM Howie Roseman (seven votes)

“He’s always playing both sides at all times. He’s not dishonest. He’s a hedger. Always makes sure he has a side deal.”

“Howie will do what Howie needs to do. I say that with tremendous reverence, but I don’t trust him.”

“This is easy. He tells you one thing and does the opposite. You can tell him something and say it stays with us and then three or four people are hitting me up about what we discussed. It doesn’t make him a bad guy, but there’s no transparency.”

“Why? Because he’s Howie. I would have said (former Washington team president) Bruce Allen, but he’s gone.”

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I would have traded a 6th for a back up American icon QB. 

Yeah...I'm disappointed we didn't look into that. Minshew is far better than any of the guys we have behind Dak right now.