Around the NFL - Off-season and Training Camp

Texas_OutLaw7

20 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I also realized just how naive people can be. You want to run out and buy a jersey of a guy who couldn't crack the starting line up on several teams, then changes positions just to try to salvage his career, have at it. But I got better things to do with my money. And sure as he'll wouldn't take their advice on anything football related.

Heavy post, but to tie this up, I think most the people who buy his jersey are doing so with the thought that once they die the will get to meet the dude in the afterlife. They dont give a damn about how good he is at football. 

Sending you good vibes on your recovery though!

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Heavy post, but to tie this up, I think most the people who buy his jersey are doing so with the thought that once they die the will get to meet the dude in the afterlife. They dont give a damn about how good he is at football. 

Sending you good vibes on your recovery though!

Lol, you just made my night! Thanks Matt's.

I don't know where to bring this up but here seems as good as place as any.  One thing has been going on this offseason that has made me madder and madder as time goes on.  I also am a huge LA Dodger fan and on going situation with Bauer has only increased my anger.   

Most of my anger goes back to remembering what we had to deal with when Zeke was charged with assault by that one woman and even though all evidence indicated She had faked evidence against Zeke, Zeke was suspended for games.   I bring this up because what is making me mad is MLB did a good job in suspending Trevor Bauer almost at once after the complaint against him.  So why am I bringing this up...

WELL  WHY IN WORLD HAS NFL NOT SUSPENDED DESHAUN WATSON....

It is ridiculous as the allegations made by multiple woman are way worse then the allegations made against Zeke, or even what Ray Rice did in that video.  YET the NFL has been quiet about what's gong on and there is even active talk about TRADING him to start for another team.  TO me this just reinforces in my mind that certain teams, players get a bye from the commissioners office. I could almost guarantee you if there was a even a whisper of allegations even close to those like made against Watson were made against a Dallas Cowboy he would be suspended already, and for the season.   Watson is a golden boy, face of NFL bla bla so no way they want to do anything until he probably goes to jail first.

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Trash teams beat average teams all the time. As long as we dont show out as a meme-team... cause that would suck

I would hope you would think you're gonna be a little better than average this year.

I mean if I do, then you definitely should.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I would hope you would think you're gonna be a little better than average this year.

I mean if I do, then you definitely should.

1. I guess I am not the homer your forum paints me as. 

2. It depends on how we define average. By median (.500) we are better, but by mode, probably not. Lots of average teams are actually 9-10 win teams. Which is what I expect we will be until our defense proves me wrong. 

Edited by Matts4313

17 hours ago, quiller said:

I don't know where to bring this up but here seems as good as place as any.  One thing has been going on this offseason that has made me madder and madder as time goes on.  I also am a huge LA Dodger fan and on going situation with Bauer has only increased my anger.   

Most of my anger goes back to remembering what we had to deal with when Zeke was charged with assault by that one woman and even though all evidence indicated She had faked evidence against Zeke, Zeke was suspended for games.   I bring this up because what is making me mad is MLB did a good job in suspending Trevor Bauer almost at once after the complaint against him.  So why am I bringing this up...

WELL  WHY IN WORLD HAS NFL NOT SUSPENDED DESHAUN WATSON....

It is ridiculous as the allegations made by multiple woman are way worse then the allegations made against Zeke, or even what Ray Rice did in that video.  YET the NFL has been quiet about what's gong on and there is even active talk about TRADING him to start for another team.  TO me this just reinforces in my mind that certain teams, players get a bye from the commissioners office. I could almost guarantee you if there was a even a whisper of allegations even close to those like made against Watson were made against a Dallas Cowboy he would be suspended already, and for the season.   Watson is a golden boy, face of NFL bla bla so no way they want to do anything until he probably goes to jail first.

All for the same reasons they impeached Trump over BS but this idiot and his giggling counterpart have virtually destroyed, embarrassed and put this country in grave danger in only 6 months time but, hey, he gets a pass.

The powers that be in whatever field you choose to speak of, sports, politics, education, health, whatever, are lying to you. They are selling you false truths to gain large amounts if money, and by large I mean amounts you can't even imagine, and above all they are drunk with power. They are out of control and really don't care who knows it. They show favoritism to one group and condemn another and they do it right in front if your face.

You know why? Because there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Your only out is to take away their power by boycotting their product. Stop watching, participating, contributing, and talking about their product. Hit em in the wallet so hard that they beg you to come back.

But football has become our new God. How many people go to service or church on Sunday as opposed to how much football do you watch? It has become an addiction, a cult more than a past time.

The funny thing is, we have the power to neutralize it. Except for one thing, we are weak willed. They count on this and that is why they can suspend Zeke for 6 weeks over a very questionable claim and Watson can just go about his buisness.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

All for the same reasons they impeached Trump over BS but this idiot and his giggling counterpart have virtually destroyed, embarrassed and put this country in grave danger in only 6 months time but, hey, he gets a pass.

The powers that be in whatever field you choose to speak of, sports, politics, education, health, whatever, are lying to you. They are selling you false truths to gain large amounts if money, and by large I mean amounts you can't even imagine, and above all they are drunk with power. They are out of control and really don't care who knows it. They show favoritism to one group and condemn another and they do it right in front if your face.

You know why? Because there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Your only out is to take away their power by boycotting their product. Stop watching, participating, contributing, and talking about their product. Hit em in the wallet so hard that they beg you to come back.

But football has become our new God. How many people go to service or church on Sunday as opposed to how much football do you watch? It has become an addiction, a cult more than a past time.

The funny thing is, we have the power to neutralize it. Except for one thing, we are weak willed. They count on this and that is why they can suspend Zeke for 6 weeks over a very questionable claim and Watson can just go about his buisness.

We don't discuss politics or religion here...so let's not go down that route.