Around the NFL - Off-season and Training Camp

Texas_OutLaw7

On 6/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, Matts4313 said:

The only QB, when factoring in ages and other concerns, that is 100% clear cut above Dak is Mahomes. 

Rodgers and Brady are old. 

Wilson is older and discontent. Also has suffered dramatic downturns in play towards the end of the season the last few years which raises red flags. 

Allen has 1 great year and 2 below average ones.

Watson is discontent and most likely a serial sexual abuser. 

Lamar still has problems throwing the ball. 

You get the point. Dak's name should be thrown in there right with any of them - most of them havent clearly separated themselves as better. I mean, I guess Watson has, but he may not be in the NFL for much longer. I would understand people ranking Wilson ahead as well. 

Ouch. I dont know why we suck so bad at drafting defense. 

I wasn’t suggesting Dak didn’t deserve to go that high. Wilson might be a hair safer if we’re just talking next five years (which is what the exercise was), and guys like Herbert and Lawrence are tempting for their rookie contracts and perceived upside, but it’s not like Dak doesn’t have a case as you laid out.

It’s just a little surprising with the broken ankle, and especially when taken in concert with the second part, such a drastic shift in the narrative from, say, just two years ago. I remember NFLN’s Top 100 Players of 2019 (so based off the 2018 season, voted by the players) listed 8 Cowboys- most in their early to mid-20s, and not a single one named Dak. Fast forward two years, and apparently none of Lawrence, Cooper, Tyron, Martin, Zeke, LVE, Jaylon, or Byron are Top 25 non-QB assets in the league (Jones might’ve come up, I forget, doesn’t matter. Lamb was an honorable mention)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Comrade Goodell isn’t messing around. The rule also says that if a team is forced to forfeit, they are also responsible for all financial losses sustained by the other team due to not playing the game. 

Y'know...on this one, I'm on the league's side.

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I expect this will be the shot across the bow to NFL players and staff. If you are not a star, you better not be a liability. 

The league is almost 100% with coaches, so I dont expect we see many of these.