2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I say make it easier for Leatherwood to shine and put him as LG. Bring Good back and have him battle with Simpson for RG.  Still need a RT 

R1- WR

R2- RT 

R3- CB or S 

day 3 BPA: RB, WR, OL, DT, LB, CB/S

BPA at a position of need is the way to go. Predetermining what position group you’re going to target in Round 1 pre-draft is the exact type of strategy that led to Clelin Ferrell, Damon Arnette, and Alex Leatherwood being the pick. Hard pass. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

BPA at a position of need is the way to go. Predetermining what position group you’re going to target in Round 1 pre-draft is the exact type of strategy that led to Clelin Ferrell, Damon Arnette, and Alex Leatherwood being the pick. Hard pass. 

just giving an idea of needs going into the draft 

To the above video, dotson looks good and he reminds me of agholor with a little more leaping ability. That being said, I still think Jameson Wiliams is a better pick if the medicals check out. Williams is an even more twitchy route runner, is noticeably faster, and is just more electric against better competition. That being said, the medicals are a big question mark, but long term that's the guy I'd want.

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

To the above video, dotson looks good and he reminds me of agholor with a little more leaping ability. That being said, I still think Jameson Wiliams is a better pick if the medicals check out. Williams is an even more twitchy route runner, is noticeably faster, and is just more electric against better competition. That being said, the medicals are a big question mark, but long term that's the guy I'd want.

Dotson reminds me a lot of Diontae Johnson and I think he'll test much better than people are expecting him too. He won a bunch of different sprinting events in HS at the state level. 

Williams averaged 104 ypg with 15 TD in 15 games while Dotson averaged 100 mpg with 12 TD in 12 games. The key difference is that Williams played with the best player in college football in the best offense in college football while Dotson played for an average Penn State team.

Before this season Williams couldn't even sniff the field at Ohio State. Dotson has been a 4 year contributor for Penn State. Dotson's YPC dipped this year but he was also used a lot more in the intermediate passing game and was a target hog while Williams was used more as a deep threat. But Dotson has shown that he can be a deep threat because that was his role early in his career. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dotson reminds me a lot of Diontae Johnson and I think he'll test much better than people are expecting him too. He won a bunch of different sprinting events in HS at the state level. 

Williams averaged 104 ypg with 15 TD in 15 games while Dotson averaged 100 mpg with 12 TD in 12 games. The key difference is that Williams played with the best player in college football in the best offense in college football while Dotson played for an average Penn State team.

Before this season Williams couldn't even sniff the field at Ohio State. Dotson has been a 4 year contributor for Penn State. Dotson's YPC dipped this year but he was also used a lot more in the intermediate passing game and was a target hog while Williams was used more as a deep threat. But Dotson has shown that he can be a deep threat because that was his role early in his career. 

I see the statistical argument and maybe you're right, but watching him he just doesn't pop off the screen the same way Jameson Williams does. If Williams played the full game against Georgia, Bama would have won IMO. That 60 yard crosser he housed the first game was jaw dropping. So was the long td on the double move.

I don't buy the ohio state thing either. Williams is better than Olave and Wilson and did it against better corners. He's faster and twitchier than both.

I also am not as high on Bryce Young as some people so that also factors in.

I hope we don't blow it up. We have talent across the board

• Nice Leader and Alpha QB
  • franchise TE- Waller 
  • nice young core: Jacobs, Ingold, Renfrow, Miller, Leatherwood, James, Maxx, Deablo, Moehrig, Mullen, Abram
  • Perryman, Jefferson and Yannick were great pickups for the defense 

I feel like we need to get the GM and Head coach. bring back some key guys, get wideouts and OL, and just improve depth like every team. 

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope we don't blow it up. We have talent across the board

• Nice Leader and Alpha QB
  • franchise TE- Waller 
  • nice young core: Jacobs, Ingold, Renfrow, Miller, Leatherwood, James, Maxx, Deablo, Moehrig, Mullen, Abram
  • Perryman, Jefferson and Yannick were great pickups for the defense 

I feel like we need to get the GM and Head coach. bring back some key guys, get wideouts and OL, and just improve depth like every team. 

Theyre gonna blow it up...

21 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

You can't epically miss on layups like he has. And, the overall roster construction since he has been a Raider has been bad.

gruden/mayock got players his coaches told him to. 

ferrell guenther guy and so on..

Luckily gus just liked better players

we all liked Littleton signing at time. didn't age well.