2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 2/3/2022 at 12:03 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Watch lindenbaum if you haven't. He's really good.

Agreed, though I'd be shocked if the C needy Steelers don't grab him before us.  I'd say their pick at 20 is the absolute farthest he falls.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I’m on board, honestly be happy with either DT from GA, though I lean slightly towards Davis (especially if we switch to a 3-4, which I’m NOT advocating for)

I’d pass on a 1st round WR.  This is a talented FA group and an extremely deep WR class.

Ideal generic off-season for me would be

WR and SS (I’m so done with Abrams, can’t stand how he never looks to make a play on the ball but rather always trying to head-hunt) in FA

DT in the 1st,

RT in the 2nd (though I feel like this a good FA class too)

G in the 3rd.

Wr is really gonna depend on who’s there in FA. I don’t want to grossly overpay for a FA WR. I’d rather sign a RT in FA and draft a WR early personally. Could be down for Wyatt/Leal in rd 1 though.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's going to show out this week and at the combine at elevate his stock. If he's there at 22, it's an easy pick. He has rare quickness at DT. Relentless player as well in the Crosby mold.

Exactly. He could go too 15 when all is said and done. There just aren’t a lot of DT physically like that in the league and his hustle is also A++

What are the chances Wyatt is better than free agents Ogunjobi, Hill, Fatukasi, Reed, etc.? I like Wyatt, but not at 22.

I rarely will advocate for a DT, LB, or S on the first round. There are too many examples of good players being found later. And, the elite guys at DT tend to have athletic profiles that really stand out. Wyatt seems like another quality, but not elite, DT, of which there ate many.