2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

IN the second half of the first I am always in favor of trading down unless a top 15 talent drops to us.  Seems like the talent level from 20 thru 35-40 is always pretty close and a couple 1st rounders fall to that area anyways.  I also like the 35-40 range for a RT.

I think some of the WRs are pretty good so I might stay put. Not gonna get one of the top ones at 40. Can get Jamo at 22 and it’s a big win IMO. He’s the real deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think some of the WRs are pretty good so I might stay put. Not gonna get one of the top ones at 40. Can get Jamo at 22 and it’s a big win IMO. He’s the real deal.

I think it is more likely to have some good RTs at 40 then WRs but there are so many that a couple might drop.  Williams and London could because they are not going to be able to do anything before the draft.  If we are not looking for a #1 type of WR players like Metchie and Robinson might be there in the 3rd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think it is more likely to have some good RTs at 40 then WRs but there are so many that a couple might drop.  Williams and London could because they are not going to be able to do anything before the draft.  If we are not looking for a #1 type of WR players like Metchie and Robinson might be there in the 3rd.

Exactly. I like a lot of the day 2 receivers but they are not long term stars imo.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, 101Raider said:

Out of curiosity, who is everyone’s #1 receiver, specifically for the Raiders.

I don't really want to dip my toes in to the 'Bama' pool again but he was also at Ohio State behind Wilson and Olave who I'd take with our 1st....3rd time is the charm Jameson Williams just looks like he'd add what we lost in Ruggs. 

I'm also good with Burks and London. So that's 5 guys at this time I'm good with our pick in the 1st. There are many others I'm good with in the 2nd and would double dip if Justyn Ross slipped to our 3rd. 

Yeah injured WR's but OMG if they got back to form and produced those two with Waller and Renfrow eating up the middle...Need to get some blocking for Carr to give him the time to feed the beasts. 

• Like 1

burks,wilson, or olave are the only first round wr i’d take i personally hope we trade back and can take still take someone like kenyon green or wyatt. i think there’s plenty of wr we can take in round 2-3 that could do what we need watson,tolbert,pickens,ross,shakir,robinson, pierce, moore. I’d love to hit the trenches with the first 2 rounds or maybe even cb or a guy like pitre 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is how I rank guys I like the most at 22 

I assume Wilson WR, Burks WR, 

1. Jameson Williams WR

2. Demarvin Leal DT

3. David Ojabo Edge

4. Travon Walker Edge

5. Sauce Gardner 

6. Kenyon Green G

7. Chris Olave WR

8. Kaiir Elam CB

9. Roger McCreary CB

10. Drake London WR/ Trent McDuffie CB

I think Demarvin Leal is getting slept on at the moment.  I think he's better Value then Davis.  He seems like a Pats type of pick.

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is how I rank guys I like the most at 22 

I assume Wilson WR, Burks WR, 

1. Jameson Williams WR

2. Demarvin Leal DT

3. David Ojabo Edge

4. Travon Walker Edge

5. Sauce Gardner 

6. Kenyon Green G

7. Chris Olave WR

8. Kaiir Elam CB

9. Roger McCreary CB

10. Drake London WR/ Trent McDuffie CB

Out of curiosity, why do you have Leal as high as you do?  What do you see in him that makes him such a high selection than say Devonte Wyatt who didn't make your list at all?

On a different note, I don't see anyway Sauce lasts to our pick.  He'd be my top selection by a mile if he was there.  

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, 101Raider said:

It would appear that every type of WR is represented at a high level this year in the draft.

Out of curiosity, who is everyone’s #1 receiver, specifically for the Raiders.

For this particular question, let’s simply pretend that the Raiders are forced to pick one at 23, they’re the 1st team to select a wr and no major changes have been done at this time (I.e. Carr is still around and no FA WR was signed or expected to be signed)

Drake London or Treylon Burks

We need a guy who can make contested grabs and can use size to his advantage. 

Speed is great, but DBs are fast too. I don't want to use a 1st on a potential John Ross, who is Flash fast, but hardly actually gets open. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Drake London or Treylon Burks

We need a guy who can make contested grabs and can use size to his advantage. 

Speed is great, but DBs are fast too. I don't want to use a 1st on a potential John Ross, who is Flash fast, but hardly actually gets open. 

Williams is a really good route runner. He’s a better prospect than Ruggs was because he knows how to use his speed. He is a red zone threat because you can use him on whip routes or option routes like we do with renfrow. I like burks and London a lot too though. They have a lot of athleticism for big receivers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Williams is a really good route runner. He’s a better prospect than Ruggs was because he knows how to use his speed. He is a red zone threat because you can use him on whip routes or option routes like we do with renfrow. I like burks and London a lot too though. They have a lot of athleticism for big receivers.

So hesitant to draft injured wr’s it’s almost like drafting a project