2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s not gonna be popular but I’m really big on Jordan Davis in round one. Makes your run defense better from the get go. Another thing it does is free up the LBs to attack down hill and run free.  The best thing it does is free up Crosby and Yannick and creates a lot of one on one situations for them. 

I know it’s not sexy but it’s a pick that immediately makes the team better. In college it was easy to go no huddle to keep him in check and on the sideline but In the NFL where no huddle is hardly ever ran at a pace like that will help him out a lot and allow him to stay on the field longer. Graham has a history of really liking the big dogs up front and Davis would be ideal in his defense. Add a CB in FA and get another safety and you could have a very good defense

Pipe dream now… my guy is gonna be a damn good player. That 40 time is just insane 

29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not surprised by this at all. Remember being told that he was overrated and that players like him don’t have first round value lol. I remember my response being that he’s probably not even gonna make it to where the Raiders pick(and that was before I knew that they were going to make the playoffs and be picking in the 20s)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not surprised by this at all. Remember being told that he was overrated and that players like him don’t have first round value lol. I remember my response being that he’s probably not even gonna make it to where the Raiders pick(and that was before I knew that they were going to make the playoffs and be picking in the 20s)

After today we might have to take Wyatt at 22 if we want him and I am sure the teams that took him off their board are probably rethinking that decision.  A lot of these DTs made some money today.  We have said that about a few groups so far.  

One player that caught my attention and at first for the wrong reason was DJ Davidson.  I am pretty sure it was him but could be wrong.  He looks really out of shape but then in the drills he showed very good movement and feet.  Will have to watch some of his games but he looked good.

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Jordan Davis is absolutely killing the combine. Unreal testing from him. 

Man oh man... I try not to put too much stock into the underwear Olympics, but what a freak of nature.  If he can show ANYTHING as a pass rusher he's a steal at 22.  I feel like he's the kind of guy who might not dominate, but will allow the edge rushers freedom to make more plays.  

Rt now with those numbers there’s prolly very little chance he’s available at 22. Hell, 75% of the mocks have him going to SD, he might not even be there. I’d hate to see him on the chargers. They have enough cap to take care of any of their needs and will definitely have the ability to go bpa.

55 minutes ago, Totty said:

Man oh man... I try not to put too much stock into the underwear Olympics, but what a freak of nature.  If he can show ANYTHING as a pass rusher he's a steal at 22.  I feel like he's the kind of guy who might not dominate, but will allow the edge rushers freedom to make more plays.  

With someone that big I just worry about conditioning and what he offers as a pass rusher. Hankins is HUGE, but he offers nothing on 3rd down. If Jones/Winfrey can offer something in round 2 and can also play the run, I'd prefer that to davis at 22. I do really like Devonte Wyatt. I'd take him at 22 or with a trade down.