2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Agreed 100%, amazing how fast things change.

Chark, Fuller and MSV are the most interesting to me of that list.

fuller nice cheap get but cant be relied on thus u have to draft wr too.

Arob and chark best options imo. People sleeping on Arob, hes hungry, never had good qb and runs smooth routes. 

Arob prob can be 85-100 rec 1300 yard guy 8 tds here and creates big openings for waller / renfrow.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Market is shaping up to be Robinson, Kirk, JuJu, Chark, Fuller, MSV, and Gage. It went from being an extremely deep class to pretty meh overnight. 

I think Jakobi Meyers is a strong possibility for us. He’s familiar with McDaniels scheme and he produced with Mac Jones last year. 

Nelly Agholor is rumored to be a cap casualty as well. He has a well documented connection with Carr and should be far cheaper than he was last off-season. 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

fuller nice cheap get but cant be relied on thus u have to draft wr too.

Arob and chark best options imo. People sleeping on Arob, hes hungry, never had good qb and runs smooth routes. 

Arob prob can be 85-100 rec 1300 yard guy 8 tds here and creates big openings for waller / renfrow.

I really don’t thank anyone is sleeping on him (at least I’m not), it just that he’s going to command a lot more than the others. Like A LOT more

33 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I think Jakobi Meyers is a strong possibility for us. He’s familiar with McDaniels scheme and he produced with Mac Jones last year. 

Nelly Agholor is rumored to be a cap casualty as well. He has a well documented connection with Carr and should be far cheaper than he was last off-season. 

What’s with all this Jakobi Meyers talk?  I really liked him as a late round pick, and he’s far exceeded most people’s expectations but the guys a RFA.  I can’t see us giving up a high draft pick for him.  NE isn’t going to super cheap out and give the guy a right of first refusal tender.  That means he’ll cost a 2 or even a 1 to acquire.  He definitely ain’t anything close to worth that!  

37 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If definitely take Nelly back if he’s cut.  I’d still Want to add another depth piece though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd look at MVS and Fuller. 

Other than that.....man. 

Robinson is likely to be too expensive.

Same with Kirk, for what you ultimately get. 

I like Chark. I don't like FAs coming off injury so it would have to be a cheap prove-it deal, and my gut says someone will just outbid us. 

Gage, I'll be honest, I know nothing about him. 

I’m with you 100%.  We only have the money to get guys like MVS and Fuller… maybe Chark if he can be had for 12m MAX! But he probably gets someone willing to pay more.  He’s 25yo with proven WR1 production already and is 6’4 with 4.34 speed and still could get a lot better.  I don’t see him having to take a 1yr prove it deal.  

Gage is a nice 3rd WR on a team but he’s really a slot WR who does the vast majority of his work on short routes.  He excels getting open on slants and short crossing routes, finding soft spots in zone, etc.  He’s the exact opposite of the Ruggs replacement so many of us want.   With Renfrow playing a similar role I just don’t see a role for Gage with us, or at least enough of one to pay him enough to sign him.

I think it’s time to really rethink our expectations for what we’ll do in FA, especially at WR.  Those who already ordered Adam’s jerseys are going to be very upset when we settle for a combination similar to MVS and a player who gets cut like Nelson Agholor.  

I really wish MVS had a much higher catch percentage.  I understand he’s a deep route WR but with A-Rod throwing the ball 47% isn’t that great.  Fuller is usually right at 70% catch rate, but the downside Is his availability is MVS sub 50% like MVS catch rate.  Obviously that was a joke but in an seriousness he really has only played in just over 50% of games throughout his career.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Justin Jefferson was a slot WR at LSU too, the NFL Draft is about projection.

Surprise surprise …. @NYRaiderpoints out an outlier, one off example, etc and portrays it as a common occurrence.

JJ was a freak situation.  Chase and Terrence Marshall were on that team too and the coaches pushed JJ into the slot to both help the team and get him the ball as much as possible.

Jefferson and Burks are very very different players.  Burks isn’t a slot only WR by any means but he’s significantly better there then outside. He’s a good WR prospect don’t get me wrong but he’s far, far from what I think we need in a WR1.

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

draft burks/willams, sign fuller for cheap WR fix

sign Davis and Nelson cb

then grab real RT

I’m pretty concerned about filling out the CB group.  Carlton Davis probably gets paid pretty well and far outside our budget.  Nelson’s probably the top financially realistic option for us.  He’s solid.  Unfortunately I think the best we can do at CB is just fill out the roster with 1 year contracts and then address it next year.  Unless a bunch of starting CBs get released for cap reasons there ain’t that much out there that can be had on mid level deals.

Edited by jimkelly02

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

What’s with all this Jakobi Meyers talk?  I really liked him as a late round pick, and he’s far exceeded most people’s expectations but the guys a RFA.  I can’t see us giving up a high draft pick for him.  NE isn’t going to super cheap out and give the guy a right of first refusal tender.  That means he’ll cost a 2 or even a 1 to acquire.  He definitely ain’t anything close to worth that!  

I thought he was an UFA. Didn’t realize he was a Restricted FA. Hard pass in that case 

5 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I thought he was an UFA. Didn’t realize he was a Restricted FA. Hard pass in that case 

Yeah he was a UDFA who just finished his 3rd and final year of that contract.  Thus, he’s a RFA.  I assume most people didn’t know that when they mentioned him.