9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

22. Garrett Wilson | WR | Ohio State

53. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

86. Brian Asamoah | LB | Oklahoma

124. Coby Bryant | CB | Cincinnati 

163. Thayer Munford | OG | Ohio State

164. Pierre Strong | RB | South Dakota State

224. Smoke Monday | S | Auburn

I actually like this more than most I've seen as long as we get Chark or someone to stretch the field in FA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This draft would be money.  Sign Chark in FA and our WR corp would go from trash to one of the best in the NFL.  Wilson will be a stud. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This draft would be money.  Sign Chark in FA and our WR corp would go from trash to one of the best in the NFL.  Wilson will be a stud. 

yeah id be ok with this but... need another CB too. hobbs, Mullen, Davis and a lesser vet 

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

yeah id be ok with this but... need another CB too. hobbs, Mullen, Davis and a lesser vet 

We would need a CB and a RT as well.  I try not to comment on draft need until FA is over as it's kind of pointless but I see us going WR or CB in the 1st as it currently stands.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We would need a CB and a RT as well.  I try not to comment on draft need until FA is over as it's kind of pointless but I see us going WR or CB in the 1st as it currently stands.  

think for me, rather sign 2 cbs, 1 of the higher tier guys, than a lesser cb. Also def want a RT that's proven, draft his replacement next year. but can't risk a swing and miss in draft this year imo

Leave draft to be DT or WR in first which should land us a legit player at either position.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roi34 said:

think for me, rather sign 2 cbs, 1 of the higher tier guys, than a lesser cb. Also def want a RT that's proven, draft his replacement next year. but can't risk a swing and miss in draft this year imo

Leave draft to be DT or WR in first which should land us a legit player at either position.

We have limited cap space and a lot of holes to fill.  If we sign a top tier Cb he will most likely cost 15+.  I would not be opposed to signing a CB if the value is there then Mullin can serve as the number 2 but this also appears to be a deep CB class and if a player like Booth is there at 22 he should be strongly considered.  

What DT's do you have in mind at 22?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have limited cap space and a lot of holes to fill.  If we sign a top tier Cb he will most likely cost 15+.  I would not be opposed to signing a CB if the value is there then Mullin can serve as the number 2 but this also appears to be a deep CB class and if a player like Booth is there at 22 he should be strongly considered.  

What DT's do you have in mind at 22?  

wyatt possibly if not id go WR depending on value and who is there. then maybe go dt in 2nd. 

im also not opposed to small trade down in first grab Wr and add extra 2nd or 3rd pick

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

wyatt possibly if not id go WR depending on value and who is there. then maybe go dt in 2nd. 

im also not opposed to small trade down in first grab Wr and add extra 2nd or 3rd pick

I don't know much about Wyatt but I do know he is 24 therefor I would pass.  He needs to be pro ready and a stud from day 1.  There is will be better value in the board at 22 than a 24 year old rookie. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't know much about Wyatt but I do know he is 24 therefor I would pass.  He needs to be pro ready and a stud from day 1.  There is will be better value in the board at 22 than a 24 year old rookie. 

i get it but 2 years isn't big for me.. were only keeping him for 5 years prob regardless

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i get it but 2 years isn't big for me.. were only keeping him for 5 years prob regardless

What makes you assume we would only keep our 1st round pick this year for 5 years?  That assumption must mean that you think we wont draft an elite player. 

I fully expect our new regime to draft young stud players and if we draft a 21 year old that turns out to be elite we certainly will resign that player to an extension considering he would only be 26 when his first contract is up. a 24 year old rookie would be turning 29/30 when his first contact expires therefore I say hard pass unless that player is truly elite and dominant right out of the gate. 

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What makes you assume we would only keep our 1st round pick this year for 5 years?  That assumption must mean that you think we wont draft an elite player. 

I fully expect our new regime to draft young stud players and if we draft a 21 year old that turns out to be elite we certainly will resign that player to an extension considering he would only be 26 when his first contract is up. a 24 year old rookie would be turning 29/30 when his first contact expires therefore I say hard pass unless that player is truly elite and dominant right out of the gate. 

i just want whoever is best. 2 years isn't ideal but, honestly if he comes in and plays at good level i don't care about age as much. 

but ideally id hope some guys fall to us in first we can't pass up. going to be. interesting draft with the teams with mult picks

On 3/10/2022 at 7:13 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Great player no doubt, why can’t he come from notre dame, or any other school not named Alabama? Lmao! Seriously tho, bpa says take him, I can’t argue that. But I’d want some kinda anti- jinx/curse bauble hung around his neck....jus sayin. Lol!!

He was at Ohio State for two years before 'Bama' so... 😁

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think Wilson makes it this far I’m really hoping “sauce” drops to us 

50 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i just want whoever is best. 2 years isn't ideal but, honestly if he comes in and plays at good level i don't care about age as much. 

but ideally id hope some guys fall to us in first we can't pass up. going to be. interesting draft with the teams with mult picks

I am not a fan of 24 year old rookies either but what Wyatt showed on the field and also at the combine makes me think he is more likely a day 1 starter.  DTs almost always have rough first years but hopefully some of the is overcome because of his age.  I would like to trade back a little to grab him but he might not be there at the beginning of the 2nd round.

• Like 1