2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, RaiderChef said:

Nakobe Dean is in a league by himself as far as LB and the only one I would take at 22. 

Damone Clarke, Demarvion Overshown and Devin Lloyd are the next next tier and would target them at 53. 

Christian Harris, Chad Muma, Quay Walker, Brandon Smith and a few other I would be interested in with our 3rd. 

I think dean will struggle in pass coverage similar to perryman 

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why? He excelled there at UGA. Fast, athletic, gets into his zones and plays with excellent anticipation in coverage. 

There he is aye who’s the better prospect dean or roquan smith?

dean too short to guard te’s 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think dean will struggle in pass coverage similar to perryman 

I’m not buying the Dean Hype.  Sure he’s going to be a very good player but I think he’s over rated.  Plus, I agree he isn’t a top notch cover guy.  He has athleticism to Drop in zone but at 5’11 I don’t see him locking down TEs down the seam.  He’s quick enough to cover RBs in the flats but if I’m an OC I try to force him to cover TEs, and he’s too small for that.

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll let everyone stay on the WR train… I want a WR in FA and a Corner or DT in the 1st. 

Ideally, something along these lines: 1st: CB, 2nd: DT or WR, 3rd: DT, WR, or IOL, 4th: DT, WR, or IOL. 

I said it earlier…. I’m pretty concerned about how the CB group is built this year.  We’re in a division with ALL All-Pro QBs who have serious weapons.  
I really don’t love Booth at 22, as I feel there will be better picks at other positions there.    It’s not a bad pick but I feel like It’s not the best value, and I’m not sold on him, just yet.    McDuffie is a solid zone CB but I question his ability to play man, and doesn’t Graham play a lot of man?  Idk if I feel comfortable waiting until the 2nd to get a starter.  We probably miss the run on CBs in round 2 by 53.  I definitely would jump on Elam or Gordon if they made it to 53 though, or  Kendrick in round 3.  McCreary was very good in college but sub 29” arms at 5’11 with 4.50 speed is the recipe for a 1st round bust.  I’m not saying just off number he’s doomed to be a bust, I’m saying there are definite markers that historically heavily play out against him being worthy 1st rounder.  I don’t want to take that chance. I’d absolutely love to trade up for Gardner or Stingley but we absolutely don’t have the draft capital to do that.  It’d cost a lot to get up 12.  I don’t see either of them On the board after that.  

We couldn’t afford Jackson or C.Davis.  Outside of Gilmore I don’t love any of the other FAs…. And I’m not even saying I  love the idea of signing Gilmore, I honestly don’t know if he’s on A steep decline already.

I think the best scenario is to acquire a starter via trade, such as James Bradberry. But even he will cost us 13.5M next year and that is only a few mill less then Davis and Jackson, so he ain’t cheap (Albeit that cap hit is slightly under market value).

Overall, I’m not chicken little panicking yet…. We’ve endured years of the likes of Nevin Lawson, Conley+Worley, Rashaan Melvin, David Amerson, etc (I’d do on further but I’d probably rather get ‘bite the curb’ then think about our recent starting CBs and the horrible defenses they were apart of) but then again we weren’t anything close to a playoff team back then.  

I think the smart money is to trade for a veteran.  Toss a 5th to NY for Bradberry and if you need the money convert 12M of his salary to a SB over 2 added void years, knocking his cap hit down to 5.5M with 8M of dead money in ‘23.  At this point we already have Littleton’s 10m, Ngakoue’s 6m, Drake’s 4.4M and will have Kwiatkowski’s 3.75m and Nassib’s 5M if they get cut post 6/1 or one of them is deemed the other early 6/1 cut.  When you already have 29.15m in dead cap from players off your team last season…. What’s another measly 8M, right?  Thanks Mayock!

with major holes at WR, RT, DT, and CB I think it’d be best to ….

find 2 DT starters for under 9-10m combined in FA.  Resign Jefferson for 5M? And resign Hankins or sign Derrick Nnadi, Josh Tupou, or Danny Shelton OR hope Travis Jones is there in the 2nd.

I Really wanted Morgan Moses for 8-9M per for 2 years but seeing what the OT market is I doubt that’s going to happen.  I think we have to hope someone falls in round 2 or dumpster dive in FA.  Just don’t bring Parker back as a starter, please.

Either trade for Bradberry or sign Gilmore for max 2y, 22M or try and get Anthony Averett, Stephen Nelson, or Levi Wallace for 6M or so.  It’s pretty bleak for the CB options.  Hope you can find depth pieces for cheap later on in FA.  

I think we gotta draft a WR in round 1.  I just have a feeling we ain’t going to get Chark for 12M’ish.  I think no one position upgrade can more significantly boost our team then at WR.  Thus, I’d pray for Garrett Wilson at 22 and if he’s gone trade back a few spots hopefully and get Jameson Williams or Olave.  I wouldn’t mind signing Will Fuller for cheap and by the time he’s on IR week 7 Jamo’s only a few games away from being activated.  I think it’s an absolute requirement the WR we bring in has deep speed and thus Burks and London do not fit the bill, at all.

Overall, I think we really need to hit on a handful of value signings and great drafting to compete in this division next year.  It’s going to be tough.

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

jacons cryptic tweet.. robinson? chark? adams?

hmmmm…. I went and looked.  I despise when these guys get all cute with mysterious tweets like that and now I’m hitting reload on nfltraderumors.com every 15 seconds until 3am.  Lol

Jacobs also just tweeted at my best friends Best friend Mache, the shoe customizer guy from Poughkeepsie, NY.  That’s pretty cool.  We use to abuse that man’s Nike ID discount codes until it got banned…. Over and over. Lol.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I said it earlier…. I’m pretty concerned about how the CB group is built this year.  We’re in a division with ALL All-Pro QBs who have serious weapons.  
I really don’t love Booth at 22, as I feel there will be better picks at other positions there.    It’s not a bad pick but I feel like It’s not the best value, and I’m not sold on him, just yet.    McDuffie is a solid zone CB but I question his ability to play man, and doesn’t Graham play a lot of man?  Idk if I feel comfortable waiting until the 2nd to get a starter.  We probably miss the run on CBs in round 2 by 53.  I definitely would jump on Elam or Gordon if they made it to 53 though, or  Kendrick in round 3.  McCreary was very good in college but sub 29” arms at 5’11 with 4.50 speed is the recipe for a 1st round bust.  I’m not saying just off number he’s doomed to be a bust, I’m saying there are definite markers that historically heavily play out against him being worthy 1st rounder.  I don’t want to take that chance. I’d absolutely love to trade up for Gardner or Stingley but we absolutely don’t have the draft capital to do that.  It’d cost a lot to get up 12.  I don’t see either of them On the board after that.  

We couldn’t afford Jackson or C.Davis.  Outside of Gilmore I don’t love any of the other FAs…. And I’m not even saying I  love the idea of signing Gilmore, I honestly don’t know if he’s on A steep decline already.

I think the best scenario is to acquire a starter via trade, such as James Bradberry. But even he will cost us 13.5M next year and that is only a few mill less then Davis and Jackson, so he ain’t cheap (Albeit that cap hit is slightly under market value).

Overall, I’m not chicken little panicking yet…. We’ve endured years of the likes of Nevin Lawson, Conley+Worley, Rashaan Melvin, David Amerson, etc (I’d do on further but I’d probably rather get ‘bite the curb’ then think about our recent starting CBs and the horrible defenses they were apart of) but then again we weren’t anything close to a playoff team back then.  

I think the smart money is to trade for a veteran.  Toss a 5th to NY for Bradberry and if you need the money convert 12M of his salary to a SB over 2 added void years, knocking his cap hit down to 5.5M with 8M of dead money in ‘23.  At this point we already have Littleton’s 10m, Ngakoue’s 6m, Drake’s 4.4M and will have Kwiatkowski’s 3.75m and Nassib’s 5M if they get cut post 6/1 or one of them is deemed the other early 6/1 cut.  When you already have 29.15m in dead cap from players off your team last season…. What’s another measly 8M, right?  Thanks Mayock!

with major holes at WR, RT, DT, and CB I think it’d be best to ….

find 2 DT starters for under 9-10m combined in FA.  Resign Jefferson for 5M? And resign Hankins or sign Derrick Nnadi, Josh Tupou, or Danny Shelton OR hope Travis Jones is there in the 2nd.

I Really wanted Morgan Moses for 8-9M per for 2 years but seeing what the OT market is I doubt that’s going to happen.  I think we have to hope someone falls in round 2 or dumpster dive in FA.  Just don’t bring Parker back as a starter, please.

Either trade for Bradberry or sign Gilmore for max 2y, 22M or try and get Anthony Averett, Stephen Nelson, or Levi Wallace for 6M or so.  It’s pretty bleak for the CB options.  Hope you can find depth pieces for cheap later on in FA.  

I think we gotta draft a WR in round 1.  I just have a feeling we ain’t going to get Chark for 12M’ish.  I think no one position upgrade can more significantly boost our team then at WR.  Thus, I’d pray for Garrett Wilson at 22 and if he’s gone trade back a few spots hopefully and get Jameson Williams or Olave.  I wouldn’t mind signing Will Fuller for cheap and by the time he’s on IR week 7 Jamo’s only a few games away from being activated.  I think it’s an absolute requirement the WR we bring in has deep speed and thus Burks and London do not fit the bill, at all.

Overall, I think we really need to hit on a handful of value signings and great drafting to compete in this division next year.  It’s going to be tough.

trade up for Stingly 

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

hmmmm…. I went and looked.  I despise when these guys get all cute with mysterious tweets like that and now I’m hitting reload on nfltraderumors.com every 15 seconds until 3am.  Lol

Jacobs also just tweeted at my best friends Best friend Mache, the shoe customizer guy from Poughkeepsie, NY.  That’s pretty cool.  We use to abuse that man’s Nike ID discount codes until it got banned…. Over and over. Lol.

I'm pretty close to him lol

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

trade up for Stingly 

Idk I’d love to…. But just based on the trade charts it should cost us something like 1.22, 2.53, 4.125, and 7.226 to move up to 12 with Minnesota.  I don’t see Gardner and Stingley making it past 12, maybe not even 10.  With all the holes we have I can’t see us moving up that high for a CB given what it’d cost us.