2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I said it earlier…. I’m pretty concerned about how the CB group is built this year.  We’re in a division with ALL All-Pro QBs who have serious weapons.   

Get people who can get after the QB and your CBs don't matter as much

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Obviously if the qb doesn’t have time to throw the cb’s perform better, but to think you don’t need good cb’s especially in this division With the QBs and WRs is crazy.  The top ranked pass rushes get pressure what 20%, 25% of the time.  What about the other 80%, 75%?

22 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Obviously if the qb doesn’t have time to throw the cb’s perform better, but to think you don’t need good cb’s especially in this division With the QBs and WRs is crazy.  The top ranked pass rushes get pressure what 20%, 25% of the time.  What about the other 80%, 75%?

I never said you don't need "good" CBs. I will say you don't need "great" CBs though assuming you have a line that gets to the QB.

1 minute ago, Edz209 said:

Hypothetically speaking if we were to somehow aquire adams while still keeping our first and garret wilson was on the board would you guys pull the trigger or would this be overkill at the position ?

well if you pay adams 25+ renfrow gone likely or waller

21 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

sorry to say but if it was the case i would prefer to let renfrow walk before waller. don’t get me wrong i love renfrow but i feel he is easier to replace 

TE hard to find for sure. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Rate FA is going, we might get one in 2023 for Zay Jones 😂

Super sad…. But If Zeigler actually doesn’t sign anyone then we’d likely get at least a 5th for Zay Jones and his 3y, 24M deal.  Detroit got a 5th for Marvin Jones, who signed a 2y, 12.5 contract.  Jones got an extra year and 1.75M more annually.  

Corey Davis on the other hand got Tennessee a 4th and he got a 3y, 37.5M deal.  

So while we are all down, let’s look at the bright Side Of FA 2022: If nothing else Happens…. We’re getting Selection #177 (which would be the 2nd 5th round comp pick…. But we all know it’s more likely #179 because we all know we’ll get screwed by the league somehow and end up with the worst possible order and last of the 5th round comp picks) in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Maybe Ziegler can turn #177 into the next Josh Heupel, QB (the college version, def not the NFL one, which I don’t think ever really existed) OR Anthony Dorset….. Jr….. NOT Senior….the Safety who was dangerous to his own defense.  Probably allowed more TDs then his dad gained.

I’m just glad Ziegler is brining us hope for the future, even if it is false hope.

Edited by jimkelly02

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Maybe Ziegler can turn #177 into the next Josh Heupel, QB (the college version, def not the NFL one, which I don’t think ever really existed) OR Anthony Dorset….. Jr….. NOT Senior….the Safety who was dangerous to his own defense.  Probably allowed more TDs then his dad gained.

Why do you have to bring it up.  Makes think about Siragusa pancaking Gannon. only the announcer knows it was a penalty, and Sharpe taking what should have been a 7-8 yard gain on 3rd and 18 into a 96 yard TD.  Ravens should have been punting from their end zone.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yes…. That’s how the saying goes and there is some truth to it, obviously.

but let me pose this to you….

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

If you add up sacks, knockdowns, and pressures and divide by passing Attempts then the numbers coincide with other link.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Even if we have the leagues best pass-rush….. how often are the opposing QBs pressured?  33? Or 1/3 of the time?  

What about the other 2/3 of the throws that aren’t pressured?  You can’t get away with scrub CBs on those plays!

And that’s pressured…. That just means they Had to hurry a throw.  What percentage of pressured passes get completed by a “good” QB (by good let’s call it a top 15 QB).

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-qbs-under-pressure-in-2020-ryan-fitzpatrick-outshines-comp

Let’s be very generous and say 40% completion rating on passes under pressure…. Most good QBs complete at a rate of 65%

That means the best defense is only causing 1/3 of throws to be 25% less likely to be completed.  

Yes, a great pass rush can have a massive impact defeating an offense… but you can’t run out scrub CBs and see success.  It’s the combination of good coverage AND good pressure that wins.

• Like 1