2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

To be honest, 3rd round onwards immediate starters are few and far between so I'd purely be looking for high potential kids that maybe drop or BPA with high ceilings pretty much at any position.

The kid you draft in the 4th or 5th probably isn't going to be any better than a low cost vet to fill a hole immediately like at LB, OT or DT so I'd look more long term and try to just get as much talent that drops as possible and fill any gaping holes with vets. Then if one of those high potential lower picks pans out quickly like a Crosby or Hobbs it's a bonus.

Ahem Renfrow too. my man was solid early on.  but i agree.. say what u will about mayock he hit some homeruns after 3rd

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

So any middle linebackers that could be intriguing in the 3rd or later. I need some names to look up. Perryman probably starts this year I assume than we move on. 

Edz209 pretty much listed them all.  Obviously we don’t know how things will unfold on draft day but it seems as if there could be multiple options for some very good MLB at our pick in the 3rd.  Damone Clark of LSU, Chad Mumma of Wyoming, and Leo Chenel of Wisconsin would be three good picks.  There all pretty athletic guys with good size and length.  Brandon Smith, Penn State isn’t a MLB but is very big and fast and would be a good fit.

5 hours ago, Edz209 said:

if they choose to use the 3rd rounder on a lb we should prob be looking at beavers,chenal,anderson, mumma, clark still a lot of options 

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Ahem Renfrow too. my man was solid early on.  but i agree.. say what u will about mayock he hit some homeruns after 3rd

Oh yeh, great pick. I remember in the Me v Mayock draft I had him too in round 5 or whatever! He'd probably be the exception to the rule (as in perceived low ceiling) but watching him play you just knew he knows football, not overly athletic or flashy but he's just a ball player, just does the right thing at the right time. Crosby was a completely different player with great numbers at testing and motor but obviously need work. To be fair, it didn't make up for the first round busts but we did better than most from 4 onwards!

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh yeh, great pick. I remember in the Me v Mayock draft I had him too in round 5 or whatever! He'd probably be the exception to the rule (as in perceived low ceiling) but watching him play you just knew he knows football, not overly athletic or flashy but he's just a ball player, just does the right thing at the right time. Crosby was a completely different player with great numbers at testing and motor but obviously need work. To be fair, it didn't make up for the first round busts but we did better than most from 4 onwards!

I don't know about Renflow, Maxx and Hobbs are absolute home runs. I say Mayock made 2 real bad picks in the 1st and 3 are borderline.

I’m happy we got Adams but it is kinda ironic ant disappointing in some small ways that when we finally get to host the draft, after Covid taking it away in 2020, we don’t have a 1st or 2nd and won’t pick until pick 86.  That means all Thursday night and 5.5hrs into day 2 before we pick.  

I just hope we don’t reach and get someone  who makes the fans happy or otherwise it’s going to be a very unruly crowd lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m happy we got Adams but it is kinda ironic ant disappointing in some small ways that when we finally get to host the draft, after Covid taking it away in 2020, we don’t have a 1st or 2nd and won’t pick until pick 86.  That means all Thursday night and 5.5hrs into day 2 before we pick.  

I just hope we don’t reach and get someone  who makes the fans happy or otherwise it’s going to be a very unruly crowd lol.

Unless they make splash to move back into the 1st. Detroit has #2, 32, 34 wonder what it would take to get 32.

I'd give next year's #1 to have a pick in the 1st of this year's draft in Vegas but I'm sure it will take a little more than that.

Edited by raidr4life

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Unless they make splash to move back into the 1st. Detroit has #2, 32, 34 wonder what it would take to get 32.

I'd give next year's #1 to have a pick in the 1st of this year's draft in Vegas but I'm sure it will take a little more than that.

Yeah… I never like the idea of trading next years 1st for a 2nd this year.  If that was the case we should have offered GB a different package of picks.  
I think we have to just bite the bullet and wait til the 3rd round.  Now if there’s a player we like that slides into the top of round 3 I could see trading a 4th plus 2021 mid round pick, but that’s it.  
we’ve done a lot of pushing cap hits til the future with restructuring existing players and the way we structured the new players deals.  
It’s take a player really sliding for us to trade a ‘23 1st for him.  

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah… I never like the idea of trading next years 1st for a 2nd this year.  If that was the case we should have offered GB a different package of picks.  
I think we have to just bite the bullet and wait til the 3rd round.  Now if there’s a player we like that slides into the top of round 3 I could see trading a 4th plus 2021 mid round pick, but that’s it.  
we’ve done a lot of pushing cap hits til the future with restructuring existing players and the way we structured the new players deals.  
It’s take a player really sliding for us to trade a ‘23 1st for him.  

Yeah I tend to agree. Someone would really have to fall pretty hard for me to consider trading next years first. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I tend to agree. Someone would really have to fall pretty hard for me to consider trading next years first. 

Yeah…. I just don’t see us NEEDING the 2nd so much as to sacrifice the future.  There will always be needs on the team.  You’ll always want to add another player.  But when you figure the cost it doesn’t seem like we need it that bad.

plus, it’d forever make me feel like we traded 2 1sts for Adams.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2