2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fair. 

I notice Ryan Griffin is apparently still available.  

He's never really played, but his career has been around Brees and Brady and under the Saints offensive brain trust and then Tampa's.  

I seem to recall him showing pretty well in the preseason a few times. Could do a lot worse on a camp arm.

Of the guys still available Andy Dalton is probably the best option. Wouldn't mind bringing Peterman back at this point, lol.

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs... I've thought that for awhile now. Last year on his deal, they are not going to give him a 10 mil 5th year option. He's a good back, but replaceable. 

i could see it.. unless you extend him couple years and readjust that 5th yr number

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Thank you!  I wonder how it was said.  Sometimes we put way too much into a comment Like this.  Reporters will ask leading a questions knowing they’ll likely get a non-descript answer that allows them to take it and run with the idea they want to write about.

if I’m a writer and I want to write a small piece about how after the Adam’s trade the Raiders might be looking to move up in the draft I’d ask Ziegler or McDaniels “you Roth have a 1st or 2nd due to the Adam’s trade.  Your first pick is at #86.  Have their been any discussions about trading up on draft day?” To which the automatic response of any coach, GM, etc Is almost always “we’re going to look into all options.  We haven’t ruled anything out yet”

boom there you think go… I can write and article on how the Raiders are looking to trade up after the Adam’s trade and quote Zeigler.  This happens all the time.

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thank you!  I wonder how it was said.  Sometimes we put way too much into a comment Like this.  Reporters will ask leading a questions knowing they’ll likely get a non-descript answer that allows them to take it and run with the idea they want to write about.

if I’m a writer and I want to write a small piece about how after the Adam’s trade the Raiders might be looking to move up in the draft I’d ask Ziegler or McDaniels “you Roth have a 1st or 2nd due to the Adam’s trade.  Your first pick is at #86.  Have their been any discussions about trading up on draft day?” To which the automatic response of any coach, GM, etc Is almost always “we’re going to look into all options.  We haven’t ruled anything out yet”

boom there you think go… I can write and article on how the Raiders are looking to trade up after the Adam’s trade and quote Zeigler.  This happens all the time.

course and its slow point of offseason.. so let us have fun and speculate. 

people also said Adams to raiders was dead haha

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs... I've thought that for awhile now. Last year on his deal, they are not going to give him a 10 mil 5th year option. He's a good back, but replaceable. 

I could see Jacobs from a trade him away viewpoint. 

But what would we be trading up for and where would that leave our RB rotation?

Drake*, Bolden, Abdullah, Ragas? 

There are some RBs I like enough in this class that could be had rounds 3 and beyond. 

Rachaad White, Jerome Ford, Dameon Pierce, James Cook, Zamir White....

I think any of those guys likely offer roughly the same as Jacobs does, without the injuries, and likely playing in more of a rotation assuming Drake starts the year healthy. 

I also see (per Sportrac) that Michel, Lindsey, Booker, and Mack are all still available too. 

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ziegler/McDaniel's draft strategy is basically do the opposite of what was done here previously. Love it. 

Take the talent and let the chips fall where they may. 

Not a bad way to build depth, accumulate trade bait, and avoid silly reaches.