2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good didn't play lol. 

James was serviceable. I'll give him a shot to improve. Unlike Parker or Mr. Leatherwood, he at least got slightly better. 

Not much else we could do about it unless we have 3 more picks going to the OL lol. 

I'm hopeful that we wind up with Miller-Parham-James-Good-Pick/FA for the year. I'm not a believer in Mr. Leatherwood.

Good is 31 years old and have never been above an average guard.  He didn't play well against Baltimore which is similar to the rest of his career.  He can be easily upgraded. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It's funny because I didn't see it coming.  I thought for sure we'd go OT or DB or just anything else.  I don't know why but it just really threw me off.  When we were at pick 86 we were all talking about Nakobe Dean and Lael and then all of a sudden we pick an OG.  I don't remember anyone listing him as the guy they want.  Just funny.  But I absolutely agree, we really need to address the OL (all except LT).

I like him alot I just sold myself on thinking Wood would be playing OG so we needed an OT but if they are sold on Wood at OT then yeah OG is was a bigger need.

• Like 1

I don’t love the Parham pick but It is a pretty solid pick so you can’t really complain too much.  Definitely in the New England Patriots mold of offensive lineman.  There were other guys I wish we trade it out for But if we can parlay the fifth rounder We got from the trade down to move up in the fourth round it will be a good overall series Of picks.

I’m guessing Leatherwood is going back to RT now and Parham is playing LG.  But he could play C too.  I think he’s a good player To draft because he can push James and/or move Simpson to the bench, plus Good prolly leaves after this year so G is definitely a need, IF leatherwood is a RT or not.

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Good is 31 years old and have never been above an average guard.  He didn't play well against Baltimore which is similar to the rest of his career.  He can be easily upgraded. 

Good and James are so overrated by Raider fans. Both are serviceable at best. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree.  I see Parham as a day 1 starter.  I would not opposed to double dipping on interior Oline with our next pick, that is how much I value James or Good long term. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good is average. I think fans like him because he was similar to Gabe Jackson but so much cheaper. Good is over 30, average  and coming off a major injury. I wouldn't mind if we draft another guard early to push Good out at RG. revamp the interior. James was basically a rookie last year, and held up. He played strong down the stretch, like a top 8 center with the potential to get better 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I said that Good could be cut a few months ago because he was a ‘journeyman’ OL that played okay when pushed into a starting role and while he played good it wasn’t amazing.  I was told he was a top 10 RG, lol.  We def overrate him.

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  I see Parham as a day 1 starter.  I would not opposed to double dipping on interior Oline with our next pick, that is how much I value James or Good long term. 

I don't think that McDaniels or Ziegler are very high on them either. 

I'd guess the OL ends up being:

Miller - Parham - James - Elumanor - Leatherwood