2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't get all the London love the man fractured his ankle( A very tricky injury) what makes you guys think he's coming back at 100% next year or ever. He's not the fastest WR right now if he losses any speed he becomes a TE

What's the history on fractured ankles that makes it "tricky?" London has pretty good speed--he looks about as fast as Mike Evans coming out. London is a supercharged Pittman as a prospect. You can see the USC lineage in that despite both being big/long receivers, they run incredibly crisp routes. And, because of that, I don't feel think it's realistic to expect him to make it to the middle of the second round.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

What's the history on fractured ankles that makes it "tricky?" London has pretty good speed--he looks about as fast as Mike Evans coming out. London is a supercharged Pittman as a prospect. You can see the USC lineage in that despite both being big/long receivers, they run incredibly crisp routes. And, because of that, I don't feel think it's realistic to expect him to make it to the middle of the second round.

Bone fragments in the joint,  ligaments that have  stiffness anything to slow you down 2⁄10 of second and then he runs a 4.68 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Bone fragments in the joint,  ligaments that have  stiffness anything to slow you down 2⁄10 of second and then he runs a 4.68 

Seems like if a doctor checks him out and says he's clean there is no issue. I was asking about history of players with that specific injury that lost a significant amount of athleticism. The only injury that scares me in that respect are achilles tears.

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Seems like if a doctor checks him out and says he's clean there is no issue. I was asking about history of players with that specific injury that lost a significant amount of athleticism. The only injury that scares me in that respect are achilles tears

It happened to my son 4 years later and it hurts when he jogging for multiple days in a row. Before anyone says anything my wife is very high up group of hospitals, so the  surgeon who perform the operation on my son was from the New York Giants. He got the best rehab available. I know my son's was more serious but I learned a lot through the process

9 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It happened to my son 4 years later and it hurts when he jogging for multiple days in a row. Before anyone says anything my wife is very high up group of hospitals, so the  surgeon who perform the operation on my son was from the New York Giants. He got the best rehab available. I know my son's was more serious but I learned a lot through the process

I think the biggest issue with this anecdote is the fact that it's an anecdote.

8 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yeah you're right there man fractures his ankle and come back faster than ever. 

Or, more likely, he comes back just as fast as before. Injuries happen all the time. And, it doesn't seem like a fractured ankle is going to change his ability long term.

8 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Name 1 WR who come back stronger

I don't have the burden of proof here. You're saying he's not coming back 100% from his injury. I asked why you think that, and you said your son had a similar injury. So far, you haven't really convinced me.

And now you're making the strawman argument that I think he'll comeback stronger from his injury.

16 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He probably doesn’t know the playbook or doesn’t practice hard(which may be why the Chargers let him go in the first place)

At this point though can you really be nit picky about the small details? He has game breaking speed and has shown that he can take the top off of a defense. With Zay Jones Carr is literally throwing a hail mary and praying to god he can draw a PI because Zay's moving in slow motion and the DB is 100% stuck to him.

10 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't get all the London love the man fractured his ankle( A very tricky injury) what makes you guys think he's coming back at 100% next year or ever. He's not the fastest WR right now if he losses any speed he becomes a TE

Davante Adams ran a 4.56, Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62, and our very own Hunter Renfrow ran a 4.59. Long speed is the most overrated trait in a WR. London is quick in and out of his breaks, especially for his size, and has great hands. He played basketball at USC too and you can definitely see it in his movement and the way he goes after the ball. The only concern I'd have with him is his weight/strength.

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Name 1 WR who come back stronger

Cooper Kupp tore his ACL in 2018 and 3 years later is having the greatest season in NFL history.

Deebo Samuel had injury concerns coming out of South Carolina, was banged up most of last season, and is having an All-Pro year. 

Edited by NYRaider

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Probably my last mockup until way closer to draft time:

1. DeMarvin Leal, DT Texas A&M- easy pick

2. Drake London, WR USC- easy pick I think falls just enough and gives us a future #1

3. Zach Charbonnet, RB UCLA- we need better vision and production from the RB spot. Good value for a potential stud back. 

4. Verone McKinley, S Oregon- Not gonna lie, I would probably have traded but I try to avoid that in mocks. He has ball skills though, so finding some way to get him on the field wouldn't be the worst thing imaginable. 

5. Myron Cunningham, OT Arkansas- I'm just a fan. Keep Mr. Leatherwood at OG and hope he improves. (Cade Mays was another available player, but I feel better about Cunningham on the outside than Mr. Leatherwood.)

5. Kyle Phillips, WR UCLA- almost a Renfrow clone. FA-London-Renfrow-Edwards-Phillips looks good to me. Sure hands and grit. If he can even be a poor man's Renfrow, it's an upgrade on our depth.

7.  Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn St.- flyer pick. Why not? Idk much about him other than his lineage. 

Seems like you enjoy Pac-12 football, lol. I'd be happy with this assuming that we address the OL in free agency. But honestly it's almost impossible to even begin to speculate what we'll do in the draft before knowing what Mark plans to do at GM, HC, and QB. But knowing Bobby Bowl Cut we will probably have the big 3 of Mark, Rich, and Carr back next year.