2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

with 2 games left I feel the needs are DT, WR, RT..... 1st round pick can be any one of those, the DT draft class sucks so I'm thinking it's going be a WR or Tackle.  I read there is suppose to be 7 1st rounder WRs, it's a great class. Other needs but I wouldn't spend a first unless it was an elite prospect: G, LB, CB, SS

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Todd Bowles is hired I'm assuming we'd shift to a 3-4 and Jordan Davis will be very much in play.

I would hope we'd stop reaching in the 1st.  He's a good player but he can't stay on the field long enough to be a 1st round pick.  Take some big body guys in the later rounds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I would hope we'd stop reaching in the 1st.  He's a good player but he can't stay on the field long enough to be a 1st round pick.  Take some big body guys in the later rounds. 

I remember like Roy Lopez and Tonga from last year classes and they look like they will be solid starting NT for the rest of the decade 

BPA!!!!! Please!!!!! Stop reaching on need and we will have less busts. Bring in guys that can play football and not just fill holes on the roster. Haven’t dove into the draft yet since we’re still in the mix, but I don’t care where we pick, just take the best guys available where we draft. We can use talent all over! 

33 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

with 2 games left I feel the needs are DT, WR, RT..... 1st round pick can be any one of those, the DT draft class sucks so I'm thinking it's going be a WR or Tackle.  I read there is suppose to be 7 1st rounder WRs, it's a great class. Other needs but I wouldn't spend a first unless it was an elite prospect: G, LB, CB, SS

DeMarvin Leal looks good at DT. Who we hire and what we do with Carr will have a major impact on how we approach free agency and the draft.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

DeMarvin Leal looks good at DT. Who we hire and what we do with Carr will have a major impact on how we approach free agency and the draft.

true. and Leal looks like the stand out stud at DT. overall the class isn't that promising. Whatever we do, I hope we stop reaching on guys that fill a need. We need to play to the drafts strengths and get the best players 

48 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I really like both Olave and Dotson. They have the Stefon Diggs/Odell Beckham gene.

And one of them is going to drop to the late 1st/early 2nd. Too many good receivers.

Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Treylon Burks, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Drake London. All are 1st round-ish caliber WR's, but I doubt all of them go in the first. Metchie is really good too, but the ACL should push him until round 3/4.

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And one of them is going to drop to the late 1st/early 2nd. Too many good receivers.

Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Treylon Burks, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Drake London. All are 1st round-ish caliber WR's, but I doubt all of them go in the first. Metchie is really good too, but the ACL should push him until round 3/4.

I want Mechie day 2. Mechie day 2 and Treylon Burks in the 1st would be so exciting. I'm really high on Treylon, he can be a better AJ Brown

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

More like “Leal PROJECTS nicely at DT”….. as he’s played far more DE then DT especially this year.  That’s a main reason he’s sliding.  Everyone wishes he got more snaps inside to see how he would do there, especially vs the run.  He’s already slightly undersized at the moment being 6’4 290.  He’s got the frame to get up over 300-305.  though.  I think he’s even trimmed down a little below 290 to play outside.

btw he just got popped for possession of weed.  Personally don’t care about it that much but its at least slightly concerning in the sense that it warrants investigation into decision making.  Was he smoking and driving around town, knowing he’s turning pro any day now?  If that’s the case that makes me question making.