2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba wow.. 

I looked at what you were talking about and thought it was a typo.  How do you allow a player to do that.  The crazy thing is that his longest reception was only 52.  I would expect a couple 80+ yarders with that stat line.

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I looked at what you were talking about and thought it was a typo.  How do you allow a player to do that.  The crazy thing is that his longest reception was only 52.  I would expect a couple 80+ yarders with that stat line.

when i left watching Ohio State was down figured they would lose and it was 4th qtr.. Smith had 220 yards and i thought sheesh.. then look back.. 

he's pretty crisp in routes not sure about speed but good size. only Soph though

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I really like Nakobe Dean with the first pick. He would be high on my list. I’m sure they will bring Perryman back for another year but that wouldn’t stop me from going after Dean. He’s a nasty MF. Hes a tone setter. 

hes around every play.. Parsons shows how much impact a stud LB can be as well. 

• Like 1

WR is my number one position of need now but I only really love Wilson out of the first round guys however I very much doubt he falls. Jameson Williams and Olave look like good players and I'd be happy with either but just don't excite me as much.

Wilson reminds me of AB (without the crazy, hopefully).

Ideally it would be WR or RT with the 1st pick but if a top CB or S prospect falls I wouldn't mind that either as those are such valuable positions. Don't want to get too caught up on need. 

Few players I like who I think will be in the 16-20 range:

OL
Tyler Linderbaum
Trevor Penning 
Ikem Ekwonu (probably won't fall) 

DB
Trent McDuffie
Kaiir Elam
Jaquan Brisker  

WR
Jameson Williams
Chris Olave 

Edited by Jraider91

On 1/1/2022 at 11:10 PM, NYRaider said:

Some of the other prospects that have caught my eye...

Travis Jones | DT | UConn

Troy Anderson | LB | Montana State

Tariq Woolen | CB | UTSA

I really like all 3 of them too.  Jones could really move up boards.  He’s a great run stuffer with enough athleticism to add something as a pass rusher.  I wouldn’t rush him on 3rd down but on 1st+2nd down if the opponent passes he’s capable of getting pressure.

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really like all 3 of them too.  Jones could really move up boards.  He’s a great run stuffer with enough athleticism to add something as a pass rusher.  I wouldn’t rush him on 3rd down but on 1st+2nd down if the opponent passes he’s capable of getting pressure.

Yeah I like all 3 guys. 

Travis Jones will be a good NT that can provide some pass rushing as well. Would be an excellent pick in round 3 or 4. 

Troy Anderson is a baller that looks like a 3-down LB. 

Tariq Woolen is raw but 6'3" corners with 4.3-4.4 speed don't come around often.

13 hours ago, roi34 said:

hes around every play.. Parsons shows how much impact a stud LB can be as well. 

Micah Parsons was getting cooked as an off ball LB but then injuries forced him to slide down to edge and he has been a monster pass rusher. Dean is like 6'0" 220.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Micah Parsons was getting cooked as an off ball LB but then injuries forced him to slide down to edge and he has been a monster pass rusher. Dean is like 6'0" 220.

Only he wasn't. That week 1 twitter thread and pushed this narrative and people bought in. Reality is, he has cover skills like a DB. Parson is an absolute war daddy in every facet of the game. Coverage, pass rush, you name it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Only he wasn't. That week 1 twitter thread and pushed this narrative and people bought in. Reality is, he has cover skills like a DB. Parson is an absolute war daddy in every facet of the game. Coverage, pass rush, you name it.  

His pass rushing grade has been a 91, his run defense grade has been an 86, but his overall grade is an 84. What's dragging it down? His coverage grade.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

His pass rushing grade has been a 91, his run defense grade has been an 86, but his overall grade is an 84. What's dragging it down? His coverage grade.

Yeah... I'm not about PFF and their stupid grades. I watch the man play. He covers like a DB.

• Like 1