2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

The only time Willis played a defense with a pulse, he was absolutely dreadful. That needs to be considered. In a regular draft, where the QB talent isn't terrible, he's a day 2 guy. In this draft, he'll go much higher bc of that whole supply and demand thing. He's a project and will need a lot of time to adjust to the game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like willis because his tools are elite but we aren't taking a 1st round qb. If you want to replace carr though, I want a guy with elite mobility personally. Will open up the offense more.

I don't think we take a QB either. Far bigger needs elsewhere. 

If we get a guy with mobility, I want it to be his secondary tool. QBs need to be able to throw the ball first and foremost. Plus I hate QBs taking hits. They're useless if they're hurt. 

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't think we take a QB either. Far bigger needs elsewhere. 

If we get a guy with mobility, I want it to be his secondary tool. QBs need to be able to throw the ball first and foremost. Plus I hate QBs taking hits. They're useless if they're hurt. 

Maybe but the only way you're upgrading Carr is based on mobility as a 1st/2nd year qb. No qb will come in as good of a passer/in the mental game as DC is rn, just keeping it real. Look at how badly Lawrence is struggling. The passing side takes a lot of time for most qb's to develop if you don't have an elite/very good situation around you.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe but the only way you're upgrading Carr is based on mobility as a 1st/2nd year qb. No qb will come in as good of a passer/in the mental game as DC is rn, just keeping it real. Look at how badly Lawrence is struggling. The passing side takes a lot of time for most qb's to develop if you don't have an elite/very good situation around you.

I think Lawrence is struggling more as a result of a poor situation, especially for a rookie, but that's just me. I can't really disagree with anything you said. Like I said, it's all preference. I just don't like my QB taking hits and want his jersey as clean as possible. Like doesn't even have to do laundry afterwards lol. If our QB goes down, we're screwed. This is why I'm not particularly a fan of scrambling QBs. 

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He played at Liberty.

Again... Liberty. What talent was there at Liberty college around him? Comparing Texas Tech to Liberty.... yeesh.

Josh Allen played at Wyoming (which still has more talent than Liberty) and was a mechanical mess, inconsistent, not accurate, had no touch on his ball. He was raw and drafted on traits.

Nobody is said Willis is "#1pick". I am saying he has enough traits that a HC/GM can look at him and say we can make something special out of him. Especially in an otherwise down QB draft. 

Same as the draft Allen came out. He was raw with big time traits. Baker, Darnold, Rosen were all the safe bets. Which guy is taking his team to the playoffs? 

Josh Allen was a much better prospect than Malik Willis. He was hyped as the potential #1 pick after his Sophomore season. Willis had multiple opportunities to solidify his status as a first round pick this year and came up short, including taking a dump against Ole Miss.

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Look at the footwork at 8:54. Wow London is moving up for me. I might have him ahead of everyone but Wilson/Burks/Jameson now. He's worth it in the 20s if the medicals check out. Absolute alpha and underrated speed/quicks for his HUGE stature.

Watching Drake London, his basketball background is definitely evident. Dude does such a great job of using his body to create space and high pointing the ball. The ankle injury is worrisome but host still one of my favorite WR's in the draft along with Jahan Dotson, John Metchie, and Jameson Williams.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think Lawrence is struggling more as a result of a poor situation, especially for a rookie, but that's just me. I can't really disagree with anything you said. Like I said, it's all preference. I just don't like my QB taking hits and want his jersey as clean as possible. Like doesn't even have to do laundry afterwards lol. If our QB goes down, we're screwed. This is why I'm not particularly a fan of scrambling QBs. 

Just look around the NFL all QBs who run a lot where hurt this year and its only getting worse. We seen it before and it always ends with injuries.

NFL coachs don't prefer a mobile RPO quarterback it's just what's available coming out of college.

Edited by Bitty 2.0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Look at the footwork at 8:54. Wow London is moving up for me. I might have him ahead of everyone but Wilson/Burks/Jameson now. He's worth it in the 20s if the medicals check out. Absolute alpha and underrated speed/quicks for his HUGE stature.

What i see is a 2nd rd WR...no separation ..and thats playin for the most part sorry pack 10 CBs

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just look around the NFL all QBs who run a lot where hurt this year and its only getting worse. We seen it before and it always ends with injuries.

NFL coachs don't prefer a mobile RPO quarterback it's just what's available coming out of college.

I agree. Give me a statue all day long but some mobility would be nice. Defenders are just getting bigger and faster. No need to have them drilling our QB. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

So NFL coaches prefer a Kirk Cousins/Derek Carr over a Kyler Murray/Russell Wilson type?